Dlink di-784 freezing / lights stuck on

Has anyone else run into this.. I dont have any wireless cards in my 2
pcs.. they are both hard wired into the router. I have the g band on
wireless.. disabled, while I just use the A band for a wireless gaming
adapter.

At random times the whole router freezes up.. the lights become stuck
in the solid mode. The only thing that fixes it, is to reboot the
router, only to fail a few hours later.

This is the second router I have bought, the first one did the same
thing, so I had it replaced. I've tried reloading my configuration
settins, this didnt seem to matter either.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

TW

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Try upgrading the firmware

<markm75c@msn.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone else run into this.. I dont have any wireless cards in my 2
> pcs.. they are both hard wired into the router. I have the g band on
> wireless.. disabled, while I just use the A band for a wireless gaming
> adapter.
>

> At random times the whole router freezes up.. the lights become stuck
> in the solid mode. The only thing that fixes it, is to reboot the
> router, only to fail a few hours later.
>

> This is the second router I have bought, the first one did the same
> thing, so I had it replaced. I've tried reloading my configuration
> settins, this didnt seem to matter either.
>
> Anyone else had this issue?
>
> Thanks

I've done so already.

Even a fresh reinstall of the latest firmware.

Thanks

Actually, I think the problem may be neighbors using wireless.. though
the only SSIDS i can see our wireless G (I am/was using wireless A).
It could be that someone has their SSID hidden and has recently gotten
and using the A band I guess.

Weird part is.. since I switched back to channel 6 (wireless turbo G),
the same port I can clearly see a neighbor or two definitely using, I
have not had the router lockup (3 days now), whereas with the A, it was

locking up nearly every day.

I'm still convinced it must be a wireless clash though.

I had a DI-784 that did this exact thing. It was a defective unit. My
suspicion is that it had a heat problem as the case was very hot.
DLink replaced it under warranty and the new one doesn't even get warm
to the touch. It doesn't lock up either.

If your unit is still under warranty, call DLink and get an RMA for
replacement.

Actually.. mine was replaced already.. due to the same problem.

Since disabling all wireless on it.. it hasnt locked up (I just ran a
long network cable instead, for now).

Thanks