Erratic Mouse/Choppy Sound

Hi All,

I've been having a problem lately regarding my wired, optical mouse.
Whenever I move it it seems to lag some and then, if I happen to be
listening to music while moving the mouse it starts to stutter. Here
is some info on my system:

XP Athlon 2500 CPU overclocked to 3200
MSI KT6 Delta Motherboard
1 Gig RAM
NVidia FX5600 256 Mb. Graphics card
MadDog Dominator Sound Card

I'm running XP Pro with all drivers recently updated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 04:45:10 GMT, David Kaff
<dkaff@bak.rr.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I've been having a problem lately regarding my wired, optical mouse.
>Whenever I move it it seems to lag some and then, if I happen to be
>listening to music while moving the mouse it starts to stutter. Here
>is some info on my system:
>
>XP Athlon 2500 CPU overclocked to 3200
>MSI KT6 Delta Motherboard
>1 Gig RAM
>NVidia FX5600 256 Mb. Graphics card
>MadDog Dominator Sound Card
>

>I'm running XP Pro with all drivers recently updated.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>David

If your sound card has C-Media chipset, go to C-Media's
website and get their latest driver. If no improvement (but
sound still works) keep newer driver and try increasing PCI
latency in bios, like around 80-96. Also try newer Via 4in1
'board chipset driver.

Also, might be good to un-overclock the CPU/etc till this is
resolved.

If your board uses an SATA chip (and you're running from
SATA drive attached to it, rather than from southbridge
integral controller) you might test a PATA drive, or get a
different sound card.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

DTK