A good To-Do List program for Pocket PC? My hectic life ne..

August 5, 2004 5:37:00 AM

Well, it seems to be that Tasks on my new IPaq is rubbish

I would love a to-do list where I could change the priority/colour
code events that need to be done. My life is hectic & in need of
organisation.

I would be grateful if anyone could recommend one to me
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 10:55:51 AM

chris.holland16@btopenworld.com (Chris) wrote:

>Well, it seems to be that Tasks on my new IPaq is rubbish
>
>I would love a to-do list where I could change the priority/colour
>code events that need to be done. My life is hectic & in need of
>organisation.
>
>I would be grateful if anyone could recommend one to me

ListPro might be the ticket if you don't want to use tasks.
www.iliumsoft.com
August 5, 2004 1:07:11 PM

the internal tasks app does allow you to change the priority (High, normal,
low). If you need more priorities, you could also use catagories (create
catagories like 'Priority 1', 'Priority 2', etc)..

My two cents...

spambegone.coThu, 05 Aug 2004 07:55:51 Sent: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 07:55:51
Subject: Re: A good To-Do List program for Pocket PC? My hectic life needs
one!

chris.holland16@btopenworld.com (Chris) wrote:

> Well, it seems to be that Tasks on my new IPaq is rubbish

> I would love a to-do list where I could change the priority/colour code
> events that need to be done. My life is hectic & in need of
> organisation.

> I would be grateful if anyone could recommend one to me

ListPro might be the ticket if you don't want to use tasks.
www.iliumsoft.com
_______
What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/ Microsoft MVP - Mobile
Devices www.pocketpc.com What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.
com/
August 5, 2004 2:20:23 PM

"Chris" <chris.holland16@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Well, it seems to be that Tasks on my new IPaq is rubbish
>
> I would love a to-do list where I could change the priority/colour
> code events that need to be done. My life is hectic & in need of
> organisation.
>
> I would be grateful if anyone could recommend one to me

Why not look at Pocket Informant?
It allows a number of enhancements, you can download a manual, and you can
get a 1 month trial. It is a much enhanced calendar and has a lot of other
things but may be more than you are looking for.
Priorities can be A -Z and 0 - 99. In the setup options Tasks Colors is one
option- it has status1 background, staus 2 background, low priority
background, high priority background, overdue text colour, completed text
colour and a few others.

http://www.pocketinformant.com/
August 5, 2004 2:20:24 PM

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message news:<cesuqf$fcm$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> "Chris" <chris.holland16@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> > Well, it seems to be that Tasks on my new IPaq is rubbish
> >
> > I would love a to-do list where I could change the priority/colour
> > code events that need to be done. My life is hectic & in need of
> > organisation.
> >
> > I would be grateful if anyone could recommend one to me
>

> Why not look at Pocket Informant?
> It allows a number of enhancements, you can download a manual, and you can
> get a 1 month trial. It is a much enhanced calendar and has a lot of other
> things but may be more than you are looking for.
> Priorities can be A -Z and 0 - 99. In the setup options Tasks Colors is one
> option- it has status1 background, staus 2 background, low priority
> background, high priority background, overdue text colour, completed text
> colour and a few others.
>
> http://www.pocketinformant.com/

Thanks very much for that information

Does it replace Pocket Outlook?
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 6:54:17 PM

> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "Chris" <chris.holland16@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> > > Well, it seems to be that Tasks on my new IPaq is rubbish
> > >
> > > I would love a to-do list where I could change the priority/colour
> > > code events that need to be done. My life is hectic & in need of
> > > organisation.
> > >
> > > I would be grateful if anyone could recommend one to me
> >

> > Why not look at Pocket Informant?
> > It allows a number of enhancements, you can download a manual, and you
can
> > get a 1 month trial. It is a much enhanced calendar and has a lot of
other
> > things but may be more than you are looking for.
> > Priorities can be A -Z and 0 - 99. In the setup options Tasks Colors is
one
> > option- it has status1 background, staus 2 background, low priority
> > background, high priority background, overdue text colour, completed
text
> > colour and a few others.
> >
> > http://www.pocketinformant.com/
>
> Thanks very much for that information
>
> Does it replace Pocket Outlook?

The website has a pretty good explanation of it, and there is the manual
too.
It supplements the Diary it doesn't replace it, you can still view most
things by going to the standard program.
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 6:54:18 PM

I second that opinion on Pocket Informant. It's an excellent program that
handles schedules, tasks, contacts and more in an extremely customizable
fashion.

sean

On 8/5/04 9:54 AM, in article cetg1a$s4k$2@news8.svr.pol.co.uk, "AlanS"
<news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:

> "Chris" <chris.holland16@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> "Chris" <chris.holland16@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

>>> Why not look at Pocket Informant?
>>> It allows a number of enhancements, you can download a manual, and you
> can
>>> get a 1 month trial. It is a much enhanced calendar and has a lot of
> other
>>> things but may be more than you are looking for.
>>> Priorities can be A -Z and 0 - 99. In the setup options Tasks Colors is
> one
>>> option- it has status1 background, staus 2 background, low priority
>>> background, high priority background, overdue text colour, completed
> text
>>> colour and a few others.
>>>
>>> http://www.pocketinformant.com/
>>
>> Thanks very much for that information
>>
>> Does it replace Pocket Outlook?
>

> The website has a pretty good explanation of it, and there is the manual
> too.
> It supplements the Diary it doesn't replace it, you can still view most
> things by going to the standard program.

August 6, 2004 5:21:33 AM

James R. Trosky <jamestrosky@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1091725631@jamestrosky.hotmail.com>...
> the internal tasks app does allow you to change the priority (High, normal,
> low). If you need more priorities, you could also use catagories (create
> catagories like 'Priority 1', 'Priority 2', etc)..
>
> My two cents...

Really? how do you change the prioroty of a task (still getting used
to my new iPaq)

Thanks for the tip
August 6, 2004 5:22:32 AM

Sean Henriques <sean.henriques@mtvn.com> wrote in message news:<BD37BEB9.1B3F%sean.henriques@mtvn.com>...
> I second that opinion on Pocket Informant. It's an excellent program that
> handles schedules, tasks, contacts and more in an extremely customizable
> fashion.
>
> sean

I like the idea of colour coding tasks - for example a red background
for really urgent stuff.

Looks like a good app.

thanks
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 9:14:28 AM

Agreed Listpro is an excellent product.

______
> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:41:37 AM

chris.holland16@btopenworld.com (Chris) wrote:

>James R. Trosky <jamestrosky@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1091725631@jamestrosky.hotmail.com>...
>> the internal tasks app does allow you to change the priority (High, normal,
>> low). If you need more priorities, you could also use catagories (create
>> catagories like 'Priority 1', 'Priority 2', etc)..
>>
>> My two cents...
>>

>Really? how do you change the prioroty of a task (still getting used
>to my new iPaq)

Open up a task in Edit mode. The second line is "Priority." Set it to
High/Med/Low. Medium is the default.
August 6, 2004 6:18:44 PM

When you add a new task, the second line in the data entry screen is
"Priority", which can be set to High, Normal or low.

33 Subject: Re: A good To-Do List program for Pocket PC? My hectic life
needs one!

James R. Trosky <jamestrosky@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
<1091725631@jamestrosky.hotmail.com>...
> the internal tasks app does allow you to change the priority (High,
> normal, low). If you need more priorities, you could also use catagories
> (create catagories like 'Priority 1', 'Priority 2', etc)..

> My two cents...

Really? how do you change the prioroty of a task (still getting used to my
new iPaq)

Thanks for the tip
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 11:15:40 PM

I like Agenda Fusion - I find it operates faster on my IPAQ2210

!