Reinstall CD-RW/DVD Firmware???

curt

Prior to a format and reinstall of XP, I had applied the latest firmware
updates for my cd and dvd burners. My question: Do I need to reinstall the
firmware updates after the reinstallation on the OS?

TIA,
--
Curt

Curt wrote:

> Prior to a format and reinstall of XP, I had applied the latest firmware
> updates for my cd and dvd burners. My question: Do I need to reinstall the
> firmware updates after the reinstallation on the OS?
>
> TIA,

No. Firmware is in the devices.

LOL

OK... sorry...

*ahem* Firmware is software in the DEVICE i.e. in the hardware itself. So,
the short answer is no. The longer answer is:

Anything that the OS requires, such as updates, drivers, etc will need to be
reinstalled to have the devices work. This is basically irrelevant in this
case as it will at the very least work as a CD-ROM in any version of
Windows. You will need to reinstall your DVD codec in order to watch films,
though the drive will read the media just fine and depending on XP version
you install, you might need to update before you can use the built in 'write
to CD/CD-RW' ability as it had problems initially.

John

No problem at all ;¬)

It did make me laugh at first, but everyone was a beginner once, no matter
what the area - noone was born an engineer, after all.

John