help with new cd rom in toshiba laptop

hello

i have a little problem. my cd rom in my toshiba laptop doesn't work anymore
so i tried to put a new into it. (actually i tried a dvd writer.)

it fits perfectly but when i start my pc i always get an error..

does somebody know if this is possible?

TIA
3 answers Last reply
More about help toshiba laptop

    Lintwormpje wrote:
    > hello
    >
    > i have a little problem. my cd rom in my toshiba laptop doesn't work anymore
    > so i tried to put a new into it. (actually i tried a dvd writer.)
    >
    > it fits perfectly but when i start my pc i always get an error..
    >
    > does somebody know if this is possible?
    >
    > TIA

    Check your jumper settings and see if it shows up in the bios screen.

    "tomcas" <tomcas@mjwebsitedesign.com> schreef in bericht
    > Lintwormpje wrote:
    > > hello
    > >
    > > i have a little problem. my cd rom in my toshiba laptop doesn't work
    anymore
    > > so i tried to put a new into it. (actually i tried a dvd writer.)
    > >
    > > it fits perfectly but when i start my pc i always get an error..
    > >
    > > does somebody know if this is possible?
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >

    > Check your jumper settings and see if it shows up in the bios screen.

    i can't find any jumpers :s where do you see them??

    greetz

    Lintwormpje wrote:
    > "tomcas" <tomcas@mjwebsitedesign.com> schreef in bericht
    >
    >>Lintwormpje wrote:
    >>
    >>>hello
    >>>
    >>>i have a little problem. my cd rom in my toshiba laptop doesn't work
    >
    > anymore
    >
    >>>so i tried to put a new into it. (actually i tried a dvd writer.)
    >>>
    >>>it fits perfectly but when i start my pc i always get an error..
    >>>
    >>>does somebody know if this is possible?
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>

    >>Check your jumper settings and see if it shows up in the bios screen.
    >>

    > i can't find any jumpers :s where do you see them??
    >
    > greetz

    Your dvd writer may not have jumpers. What is the error message and can
    you see the drive in the bios screen?

Homebuilt Laptops CD-Rom Toshiba Systems