help with new cd rom in toshiba laptop

hello

i have a little problem. my cd rom in my toshiba laptop doesn't work anymore
so i tried to put a new into it. (actually i tried a dvd writer.)

it fits perfectly but when i start my pc i always get an error..

does somebody know if this is possible?

TIA

Lintwormpje wrote:
> hello
>
> i have a little problem. my cd rom in my toshiba laptop doesn't work anymore
> so i tried to put a new into it. (actually i tried a dvd writer.)
>
> it fits perfectly but when i start my pc i always get an error..
>
> does somebody know if this is possible?
>
> TIA

Check your jumper settings and see if it shows up in the bios screen.

"tomcas" <tomcas@mjwebsitedesign.com> schreef in bericht
> Lintwormpje wrote:
> > hello
> >
> > i have a little problem. my cd rom in my toshiba laptop doesn't work
anymore
> > so i tried to put a new into it. (actually i tried a dvd writer.)
> >
> > it fits perfectly but when i start my pc i always get an error..
> >
> > does somebody know if this is possible?
> >
> > TIA
> >

> Check your jumper settings and see if it shows up in the bios screen.

i can't find any jumpers :s where do you see them??

greetz

Lintwormpje wrote:
> "tomcas" <tomcas@mjwebsitedesign.com> schreef in bericht
>
>>Lintwormpje wrote:
>>
>>>hello
>>>
>>>i have a little problem. my cd rom in my toshiba laptop doesn't work
>
> anymore
>
>>>so i tried to put a new into it. (actually i tried a dvd writer.)
>>>
>>>it fits perfectly but when i start my pc i always get an error..
>>>
>>>does somebody know if this is possible?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>

>>Check your jumper settings and see if it shows up in the bios screen.
>>

> i can't find any jumpers :s where do you see them??
>
> greetz

Your dvd writer may not have jumpers. What is the error message and can
you see the drive in the bios screen?