Newbuild problem

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
October 16, 2004 5:31:30 PM

I have rebuilt a pc with a Chaintech Zenith mobo CT-9CJS, a P4 proc (800MHz
3.2 G ) existing h/drives and XP Pro OS 1g DDR 400 memory.
This mobo comes with a Digidoc front panel that displays post codes.
No Jumpers were moved (it says no need)
Didnt get far enough to install any drivers
Booted into Setup and tweaked odd and sods like Lan enabled etc etc no big
changes. Saved and exited. It got to the windows screen. All Memory showed
ok but then it rebooted for no apparent reason but the post code showed on
the digidoc as 26 and it says that there is an Overclocking/Overvoltage
error and to clear the CMOS! so ok did that but its still the same?
Oh yes i got it from Pcworlds Component centre and there is no way to talk
to them! no phone numbers just a email address!

Has anyone any bright ideas?

TIA Len

More about : newbuild problem

October 16, 2004 5:31:31 PM

"Len D" <justme@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have rebuilt a pc with a Chaintech Zenith mobo CT-9CJS, a P4 proc
(800MHz
> 3.2 G ) existing h/drives and XP Pro OS 1g DDR 400 memory.
> This mobo comes with a Digidoc front panel that displays post codes.
> No Jumpers were moved (it says no need)
> Didnt get far enough to install any drivers
> Booted into Setup and tweaked odd and sods like Lan enabled etc etc no big
> changes. Saved and exited. It got to the windows screen. All Memory
showed
> ok but then it rebooted for no apparent reason but the post code showed on
> the digidoc as 26 and it says that there is an Overclocking/Overvoltage
> error and to clear the CMOS! so ok did that but its still the same?

clearing the CMOS just puts the board back to default settings...
they are not necessarily correct.

check your cpu specs as to frequency and vcore
then manually set the mobo accordingly
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
October 16, 2004 5:31:31 PM

Len D wrote:

> I have rebuilt a pc with a Chaintech Zenith mobo CT-9CJS, a P4 proc
> (800MHz 3.2 G ) existing h/drives and XP Pro OS 1g DDR 400 memory.
> This mobo comes with a Digidoc front panel that displays post codes.
> No Jumpers were moved (it says no need)
> Didnt get far enough to install any drivers
> Booted into Setup and tweaked odd and sods like Lan enabled etc etc no big
> changes. Saved and exited. It got to the windows screen. All Memory
> showed ok but then it rebooted for no apparent reason but the post code
> showed on the digidoc as 26 and it says that there is an
> Overclocking/Overvoltage error and to clear the CMOS! so ok did that but
> its still the same? Oh yes i got it from Pcworlds Component centre and
> there is no way to talk to them! no phone numbers just a email address!
>
> Has anyone any bright ideas?

Yeah, manually adjust the BIOS settings to your needs. You need to see what
the defaults are, and if they're correct for your setup. Make changes as
necessary.
!