nel

Will a USB 2.0 PCI card still give 2.0 performance on an older motherboard?
The board already comes with 2 USB 1.1 ports and I would like to improve the
performance to an external hard drive.

TIA

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 19:32:51 +0100, "Nel" <moi@nothere.com>
wrote:

>Will a USB 2.0 PCI card still give 2.0 performance on an older motherboard?
>The board already comes with 2 USB 1.1 ports and I would like to improve the
>performance to an external hard drive.
>
>TIA

Yes it will.

only if your external hard drive is USB 2.0 compatible