memory upgrade with power 'on'

Carelessly I dropped in some more memory while the machine was 'soft' off,
rather than switched off at the mains...

Am I likely to have caused any damage?

---
More about memory upgrade power

    chris wrote:

    > Carelessly I dropped in some more memory while the machine was 'soft' off,
    > rather than switched off at the mains...
    >
    > Am I likely to have caused any damage?
    >

    > ---

    Maybe "YES" and maybe "NO." Reboot the computer and see if you get any
    errors.

    "Dee" <dee@home.net> wrote in message
    > chris wrote:
    >

    > Maybe "YES" and maybe "NO." Reboot the computer and see if you get any
    > errors.

    Seems fine - First boot windows froze at the splash screen - but behaved
    flawlessly since. also ran docmem to make sure...

    Only recently got this ATX machine - an XP2600, nothing fancy but a major
    leap up from the K62-500 I've been using for 4 years.

    I think only certain parts are powered when 'off' like PCI slots, CMOS etc?
    Obviously I'll make sure that wall switch is OFF in future....

    ---

Homebuilt Virus Memory Upgrade Systems