memory upgrade to hp pavilion xe783

Can anyone shed some light to my RAM upgrade problem?

I have a HP pavilion xe783 which I'd like to make run faster,(which
will be solely used for surfing the net and checking email...no gaming
or programming with MATLAB). I'm thinking of purchasing 128MB or
256MB of RAM from this vendor online
http://www.memoryx.net/hewpacpavxe710.html

If I purchase this RAM, will I have to worry about compatable speeds
between the processor and the RAM?

Is there anything else that I might be able to do to make this
computer run faster that is cheaper and easier?

Thank you.

Chris
1 answer Last reply
More about memory upgrade pavilion xe783

    In article <97542b24.0410230911.222c4c50@posting.google.com>, Chris
    Hicks says...
    > Can anyone shed some light to my RAM upgrade problem?
    >
    > I have a HP pavilion xe783 which I'd like to make run faster,(which
    > will be solely used for surfing the net and checking email...no gaming
    > or programming with MATLAB). I'm thinking of purchasing 128MB or
    > 256MB of RAM from this vendor online
    > http://www.memoryx.net/hewpacpavxe710.html
    >
    > If I purchase this RAM, will I have to worry about compatable speeds
    > between the processor and the RAM?
    >
    > Is there anything else that I might be able to do to make this
    > computer run faster that is cheaper and easier?

    www.crucial.com and run the memory selector. You'll get guaranteed
    compatible RAM with a no quibble return policy.

    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.

Homebuilt RAM HP Pavilion Memory Upgrade Systems