AMD 64 and PCI Express mobo

I've been googling mobo specs and reviews looking for a mobo that
supports the AMD 64 bit CPU and the PCI Express bus. Found some hints
that such a combo may be in the works but nothing more than that.

Anyone have any more information or URL of a manufactures site that is
offering such?

thanks,

al
3 answers Last reply
More about express mobo

    Looking Glass wrote:

    > I've been googling mobo specs and reviews looking for a mobo that
    > supports the AMD 64 bit CPU and the PCI Express bus. Found some hints
    > that such a combo may be in the works but nothing more than that.
    >
    > Anyone have any more information or URL of a manufactures site that is
    > offering such?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > al

    I don't have specifics, but AMD motherboards with PCIe are about to hit
    the market. So far nVidia, Via, and ATI have chip sets out for this and
    SiS said they will have theirs next month.

    Check out the ABIT AX8, it should be available early next month.

    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=215

    "Looking Glass" <transparent@crystalpalace.com> wrote in message
    > I've been googling mobo specs and reviews looking for a mobo that
    > supports the AMD 64 bit CPU and the PCI Express bus. Found some hints
    > that such a combo may be in the works but nothing more than that.
    >
    > Anyone have any more information or URL of a manufactures site that is
    > offering such?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > al

    There are no such motherboards available yet.

    --
    DaveW

    "Looking Glass" <transparent@crystalpalace.com> wrote in message
    > I've been googling mobo specs and reviews looking for a mobo that
    > supports the AMD 64 bit CPU and the PCI Express bus. Found some hints
    > that such a combo may be in the works but nothing more than that.
    >
    > Anyone have any more information or URL of a manufactures site that is
    > offering such?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > al

Homebuilt AMD PCI Express Systems