AMD 64 and PCI Express mobo

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
October 24, 2004 12:29:41 AM

I've been googling mobo specs and reviews looking for a mobo that
supports the AMD 64 bit CPU and the PCI Express bus. Found some hints
that such a combo may be in the works but nothing more than that.

Anyone have any more information or URL of a manufactures site that is
offering such?

thanks,

al

More about : amd pci express mobo

October 24, 2004 1:49:19 PM

Looking Glass wrote:

> I've been googling mobo specs and reviews looking for a mobo that
> supports the AMD 64 bit CPU and the PCI Express bus. Found some hints
> that such a combo may be in the works but nothing more than that.
>
> Anyone have any more information or URL of a manufactures site that is
> offering such?
>
> thanks,
>
> al

I don't have specifics, but AMD motherboards with PCIe are about to hit
the market. So far nVidia, Via, and ATI have chip sets out for this and
SiS said they will have theirs next month.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
October 24, 2004 4:17:50 PM

Check out the ABIT AX8, it should be available early next month.

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?catego...

"Looking Glass" <transparent@crystalpalace.com> wrote in message
> I've been googling mobo specs and reviews looking for a mobo that
> supports the AMD 64 bit CPU and the PCI Express bus. Found some hints
> that such a combo may be in the works but nothing more than that.
>
> Anyone have any more information or URL of a manufactures site that is
> offering such?
>
> thanks,
>
> al

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
October 25, 2004 1:45:40 AM

There are no such motherboards available yet.

--
DaveW

!