Power supply recommendations for 915 chipset

I understand the new intel 9xx chipsets require a new type of atx 2.0
power supply with a 24-pin mobo connector. Can anyone recommend a good
and very quiet power supply? The specs for the new system I'm building
will be:

foxconn 915G microatx mobo
2x512 DDR2 corsair valueram
p4 3.2 GHz
250GB western digital SATA hd
leadtek gforce 6600 pci express x16

help would be appreciated--thanks.

Daniel

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:13:05 -0400, TheKeith <no@spam.com> wrote:

>I understand the new intel 9xx chipsets require a new type of atx 2.0
>power supply with a 24-pin mobo connector. Can anyone recommend a good
>and very quiet power supply? The specs for the new system I'm building
>will be:
>
>foxconn 915G microatx mobo
>2x512 DDR2 corsair valueram
>p4 3.2 GHz
>250GB western digital SATA hd
>leadtek gforce 6600 pci express x16
>
>help would be appreciated--thanks.
The 24 pin is backward compatible with a 20 pin atx. Got the following
info from Anand tech website:

Like other socket 775 boards, the Gigabyte 8GPNXP Duo has a 24-pin
power connector. We plugged a 20-pin ATX from a 350-watt power supply
into the 24-pin main power connector. Intel has stated in the past
that the new 24-pin is backwards compatible with current 20-pin
connectors, and we verified the 24-pin is keyed to handle a 20-pin
connector just fine. The modest, but decent quality, 350-watt power
supply worked well in all of our tests with the Gigabyte motherboard.