Was excited about building first pc but..

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

ordered all the parts from Ebuyer.com

I ordered them all on Thursday 21st October and payed extra for next day
delivery.
I have just the Antec Case so far which was delivered the next day. The
other 14 items are yet to be delivered.

I should have done some research into ebuyer before using them, cause if you
search the web for info on them, it seems they have the worst customer
service record for any online store in history.
Cant reach them by phone, cant reach them by email. Sent them an 'enote'
(through their site) on Friday when goods didnt turn up but yet to get a
reply.
Now, when i log into my account on their site, all my goods which were
'allocated' appear now to be 'not allocated'. Meaning, they have put my
items which had been reserved for my order back on the shelves to be sold.
This apparently happens because, if you order say 15 items, and 1 item is
not in stock, they will only hold the other 14 items for 48 hours before
putting them back up for sale. EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE PAYED. So by the time the
item that was out of stock finally comes in, they will probably be out of
stock with one of the other items and the whole process begins again. What a
joke.
I dont know if this is the case with me, as all items I ordered were in
stock before and after i placed my order.

I'm surprised no one warned me about this company before. Can anyone
recommend a good vendor in UK for buying all sorts of computer components
from? I dont mind paying a bit extra. Would like option of quick delivery
too.
I dont know how I stand now with ebuyer if i try to cancell the remainder of
my order. Going to look into it now.

Cheers,
Chris

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:31:28 +0000 (UTC), "Chris"
<picturesofengland(on spami)@hotmail.com> wrote:

>ordered all the parts from Ebuyer.com
>
>I ordered them all on Thursday 21st October and payed extra for next day
>delivery.
>I have just the Antec Case so far which was delivered the next day. The
>other 14 items are yet to be delivered.
>
>I should have done some research into ebuyer before using them, cause if you
>search the web for info on them, it seems they have the worst customer
>service record for any online store in history.
>Cant reach them by phone, cant reach them by email. Sent them an 'enote'
>(through their site) on Friday when goods didnt turn up but yet to get a
>reply.
>Now, when i log into my account on their site, all my goods which were
>'allocated' appear now to be 'not allocated'. Meaning, they have put my
>items which had been reserved for my order back on the shelves to be sold.
>This apparently happens because, if you order say 15 items, and 1 item is
>not in stock, they will only hold the other 14 items for 48 hours before
>putting them back up for sale. EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE PAYED. So by the time the
>item that was out of stock finally comes in, they will probably be out of
>stock with one of the other items and the whole process begins again. What a
>joke.
>I dont know if this is the case with me, as all items I ordered were in
>stock before and after i placed my order.
>
>I'm surprised no one warned me about this company before. Can anyone
>recommend a good vendor in UK for buying all sorts of computer components
>from? I dont mind paying a bit extra. Would like option of quick delivery
>too.
>I dont know how I stand now with ebuyer if i try to cancell the remainder of
>my order. Going to look into it now.
>
>Cheers,
>Chris

Sorry you have had a problem with Ebuyer.

I have been ordering from them for the last 3 years and, to be honest,
they are very good. Their prices are the cheapest around and their
delivery has always been quite reliable (occasionally I have had an
item arrive one day late).

I guess, because they are so cheap they cannot afford to ship parts of
an order as, and when they come into stock, so they hold onto the
items until they are all in stock. I would say that is fair enough,
however, 15 items on one delivery charge is a little excessive for
them, but thats the way they operate.

If you want to cancel the reamining order and order from another
supplier, I can recommend you check out this review site first.

http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/chart.php?1

As you see Ebuyer are 20th. I bet you all the others are more
expensive than them too.

If you want reliable delivery, I have had no issues with KustomPCs,
Dabs, Novatech and Scan

Harry

Hi,
I have only orederd one from EBuyer and was highly impressed. goods arrived
when they stated and for the price were great. got to stick up for these
companies I guess when they do get it right but I guess you can only ever
please some of the people all of the time and never all the people all of
the time.

"Chris" <picturesofengland(on spami)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ordered all the parts from Ebuyer.com
>
> I ordered them all on Thursday 21st October and payed extra for next day
> delivery.
> I have just the Antec Case so far which was delivered the next day. The
> other 14 items are yet to be delivered.
>
> I should have done some research into ebuyer before using them, cause if
> you
> search the web for info on them, it seems they have the worst customer
> service record for any online store in history.
> Cant reach them by phone, cant reach them by email. Sent them an 'enote'
> (through their site) on Friday when goods didnt turn up but yet to get a
> reply.
> Now, when i log into my account on their site, all my goods which were
> 'allocated' appear now to be 'not allocated'. Meaning, they have put my
> items which had been reserved for my order back on the shelves to be sold.
> This apparently happens because, if you order say 15 items, and 1 item is
> not in stock, they will only hold the other 14 items for 48 hours before
> putting them back up for sale. EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE PAYED. So by the time
> the
> item that was out of stock finally comes in, they will probably be out of
> stock with one of the other items and the whole process begins again. What
> joke.
> I dont know if this is the case with me, as all items I ordered were in
> stock before and after i placed my order.
>
> I'm surprised no one warned me about this company before. Can anyone
> recommend a good vendor in UK for buying all sorts of computer components
> from? I dont mind paying a bit extra. Would like option of quick delivery
> too.
> I dont know how I stand now with ebuyer if i try to cancell the remainder
> of
> my order. Going to look into it now.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

At this point, just pray you get everything, and it's all OK. Ebuyer is
great for things like Cases, where you can get a great deal, and not to much
worry about a damaged part, but buying something like a motherboard, I'd
want to get from a place where I knew if something was wrong, it would be
taken care of. Like Newegg in the USA
"Nigel Smith" <ntsmith@ntsmith.plus.com> wrote in message
> [...]

>This apparently happens because, if you order say 15 items, and 1 item is
>not in stock, they will only hold the other 14 items for 48 hours before
>putting them back up for sale. EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE PAYED. So by the time the
>item that was out of stock finally comes in, they will probably be out of
>stock with one of the other items and the whole process begins again. What a
>joke.
>I dont know if this is the case with me, as all items I ordered were in
>stock before and after i placed my order.
>
>I'm surprised no one warned me about this company before. Can anyone
>recommend a good vendor in UK for buying all sorts of computer components
>from? I dont mind paying a bit extra. Would like option of quick delivery
>too.
>I dont know how I stand now with ebuyer if i try to cancell the remainder of

I have bought from Ebuyer for the last 3 years and the service has
been pretty good. Only once have I had a delivery problem when they
sent the wrong part. As the part cost £1.50 they said keep it and
refunded me the money! (All because the postage back to them was not
worth it)

I have had one package arrive one day late, but all the rest are
usually a day earlier than t hey quoted.

I have bought Motherboards, Speakers, Cases, Processors, Memory, Hard
Disks, CD ROM drives, cables, fans, lights, monitors,
printers......the list goes on.

All items were deliverer well packaged.

Nope, I will keep ordering from them and I have high praise for them.

Harry

Harry must work for Ebuyer!!! I too have had good luck with the few things
I've bought from them, however it's clear that an awful lot of folks have
not had good experiences. The biggest problem I have with them is
communication. I want to deal with a company that I can easily make a free
telephone call and get through to someone who can deal with it
"Harry" <A@A.A> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:31:28 +0000 (UTC), "Chris"
> <picturesofengland(on spami)@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>ordered all the parts from Ebuyer.com
>>
>>I ordered them all on Thursday 21st October and payed extra for next day
>>delivery.
>>I have just the Antec Case so far which was delivered the next day. The
>>other 14 items are yet to be delivered.
>>
>>I should have done some research into ebuyer before using them, cause if
>>you
>>search the web for info on them, it seems they have the worst customer
>>service record for any online store in history.
>>Cant reach them by phone, cant reach them by email. Sent them an 'enote'
>>(through their site) on Friday when goods didnt turn up but yet to get a
>>reply.
>>Now, when i log into my account on their site, all my goods which were
>>'allocated' appear now to be 'not allocated'. Meaning, they have put my
>>items which had been reserved for my order back on the shelves to be sold.
>>This apparently happens because, if you order say 15 items, and 1 item is
>>not in stock, they will only hold the other 14 items for 48 hours before
>>putting them back up for sale. EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE PAYED. So by the time
>>the
>>item that was out of stock finally comes in, they will probably be out of
>>stock with one of the other items and the whole process begins again. What
>>joke.
>>I dont know if this is the case with me, as all items I ordered were in
>>stock before and after i placed my order.
>>
>>I'm surprised no one warned me about this company before. Can anyone
>>recommend a good vendor in UK for buying all sorts of computer components
>>from? I dont mind paying a bit extra. Would like option of quick delivery
>>too.
>>I dont know how I stand now with ebuyer if i try to cancell the remainder
>>of
>>my order. Going to look into it now.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Chris
>>

> I have bought from Ebuyer for the last 3 years and the service has
> been pretty good. Only once have I had a delivery problem when they
> sent the wrong part. As the part cost £1.50 they said keep it and
> refunded me the money! (All because the postage back to them was not
> worth it)
>
> I have had one package arrive one day late, but all the rest are
> usually a day earlier than t hey quoted.
>
> I have bought Motherboards, Speakers, Cases, Processors, Memory, Hard
> Disks, CD ROM drives, cables, fans, lights, monitors,
> printers......the list goes on.
>
> All items were deliverer well packaged.
>
> Nope, I will keep ordering from them and I have high praise for them.
>
> Harry

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:02:18 -0500, "RBM" <rmottola1(remove
this)@optonline.net> wrote:

>Harry must work for Ebuyer!!! I too have had good luck with the few things
>I've bought from them, however it's clear that an awful lot of folks have
>not had good experiences. The biggest problem I have with them is
>communication. I want to deal with a company that I can easily make a free
>telephone call and get through to someone who can deal with it
>"Harry" <A@A.A> wrote in message
I do not work for Ebuyer. From what I see Ebuyer have a huge consumer
base and any complaints about the service they give are all relative
to the actual number of busness transactions they have.

In real terms I dont think Ebuyer suffer any more problems than other
online IT shops.
See http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/chart.php?1 for an unbiased
rating of IT Retailers. Ebuyer are currently 14th.

Harry

TRENDING THREADS