Not the same laptop screen to pc video card again :-)

Hi folks

I have read the news group and also am aware that a laptop screen can
not be used as a tft display from a normal pc video card. But I recently
demolished [yes almost demolished ] a dead advent laptop. It is from
early 2002, celeron 1.2ghz with a 14" tft screen. I removed the display
and it has two conenctors. I am assuming one is video in and one is
perhaps power for backlight etc. I just wonder if anyone knows a way of
powering this up and connect to an old nvidia vga card.

What seem to be a video connector has 20 holes and what seem to be a
power supply has 8 holes.

Now I am not asking to use it as a replacement display for a pc. I have
a normal crt for that, I just want to play with it. Is there any one
with some idea on how to connect it to a normal video card. I don;t
mind if it works or if the old video card dies. That is the benefit of
old dog p4 from 2000 that is now sitting idle.

Just to see what can be done with it as an experiment than anything
else. So if anyone has any idea what so ever, however vague please give
me a hand in having some nerdy fun with this dead screen and to take
revenge on the blighter for dying on me with some unbacked up work :-(

Ta
sreekant