Spinner source

So due to finances being what they were, I held off ordering a spinner
when I was putting my control panel together.

I was going to order one from Oscar Controls (loved the brushed metal
MAME knob), but now that I'm ready to do so, their site just says that
they're closed and not accepting orders.

Happ Controls sell an Arkanoid spinner for $135, which is a crazy amount
to pay.

Can anyone recommend another source for spinners? I'm looking for
something that will interface easily to the Optipac.

--
Michael Coyne
http://turthalion.blogspot.com

Oscar will reopen in the near future, I'm sure. Just how near ... I
don't know. I read the same thing happened last summer.

Here's the Slik Stik Tornado spinner:

http://www.slikstik.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=4

but its $90.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:57:23 -0500, buck16 said to the parser:

> Oscar will reopen in the near future, I'm sure. Just how near ... I don't
> know. I read the same thing happened last summer.
>
> Here's the Slik Stik Tornado spinner:
>
> http://www.slikstik.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=4
>
> but its $90.

Thanks, it's a pretty neat-looking product.

I ended up ordering the Slikstik, even though it won't interface with the
IPAC. I loved the look of it.

Yes, it's a little more than the Oscar (at $61), but that $90 includes the
knob, whereas the Oscar knob is $15 or so more.

The other advantage of course is that the Tornado is orderable at the
moment.

--

Michael Cone wrote:
> So due to finances being what they were, I held off ordering a spinner
> when I was putting my control panel together.
>
> I was going to order one from Oscar Controls (loved the brushed metal
> MAME knob), but now that I'm ready to do so, their site just says that
> they're closed and not accepting orders.
>
> Happ Controls sell an Arkanoid spinner for $135, which is a crazy amount
> to pay.
>
> Can anyone recommend another source for spinners? I'm looking for
> something that will interface easily to the Optipac.

Check out these pages for 'BIY Spinners':

http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade_barrelspinner.shtml
http://www.doughansen.net/arcade/spinner.htm
http://arcadecontrols.com/files/Miscellaneous/spinner.pdf
http://arcadecontrols.com/files/Miscellaneous/Twisty-Grip_Spinner.pdf
(Be sure to check out their Star Wars Yoke (http://www.twistygrip.com/)
as well.)

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

Tetralin@Sasteanh.lv
Mongolize@ternatopinnate.glitteryj.tv
chorioptic@preconcertedm.net
coralline@villaettet.ir
micropaleontology@reslatew.net

Despite all prevention efforts, Michael Coyne <coyneAT@mtsDOT.net> wrote in

> I was going to order one from Oscar Controls (loved the brushed metal
> MAME knob), but now that I'm ready to do so, their site just says that
> they're closed and not accepting orders.

I musta missed an event - what happened to Oscar?

--
Slor

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Slor wrote in alt.games.mame:
> Despite all prevention efforts, Michael Coyne <coyneAT@mtsDOT.net> wrote in

>> I was going to order one from Oscar Controls (loved the brushed metal
>> MAME knob), but now that I'm ready to do so, their site just says that
>> they're closed and not accepting orders.

> I musta missed an event - what happened to Oscar?

I was wondering the same when I saw this.

--
David
Do nothing unless you must, and when you must act -- hesitate.

SINNER thought about it a bit, then said...
> * Slor wrote in alt.games.mame:
> > Despite all prevention efforts, Michael Coyne <coyneAT@mtsDOT.net> wrote in
>

> >> I was going to order one from Oscar Controls (loved the brushed metal
> >> MAME knob), but now that I'm ready to do so, their site just says that
> >> they're closed and not accepting orders.
>
> > I musta missed an event - what happened to Oscar?
>
> I was wondering the same when I saw this.

As far as I understand it, Oscar Controls is in a "holding pattern" of
sorts: Kelsey is extremely busy with his regular job, and the job
involves a lot of travel this summer.

He will be selling spinners, but only on eBay, and only occasionally -
that way he can sell a few spinners when he knows he'll be able to ship
them in a timely manner, and avoid a backlog of orders when he's
travelling.

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews