Whats the best video card for my computer?

What would be the best video card for my system (Athlon XP3000- KT400- 768
MB RAM-Hitachi 7200 rpm ata 133 120 gig) for under $100? I've been looking
at the different Radeon's and Geforce's but all the different models LE SE
XT Pro ect. are confusing.Which has the best price to performance? I need it
to basically play a few games, watch some dvd's, surf the internet and to do
some word processing.

thanks

Greg

GS wrote:

> What would be the best video card for my system (Athlon XP3000- KT400- 768
> MB RAM-Hitachi 7200 rpm ata 133 120 gig) for under $100? I've been looking
> at the different Radeon's and Geforce's but all the different models LE SE
> XT Pro ect. are confusing.Which has the best price to performance? I need
> it to basically play a few games, watch some dvd's, surf the internet and
> to do some word processing.

You'll have to shop around for best price, but here's a comparison of video
cards and you can judge for yourself. I've always found the best price to
be at a Best Buy, Circuit City, or similar store when they give those
rediculous rebates on them, usually the day after Thanksgiving.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/index.html

GS:

> What would be the best video card for my system (Athlon XP3000-
> KT400- 768 MB RAM-Hitachi 7200 rpm ata 133 120 gig) for under $100?

this:

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9600 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X
AGP - BULK -OEM $100 shipped
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-305&depa=
Mac Cool

um, no.
that card is 4 generations old.
You can do much better.

Your system is very low on RAM, I suggest you upgrade that.

But, you can have this 2600 for 99 - 30 rebate, which you can use to get 1GB of ram!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161209

That via chipset will hold your system back a bit, but it's alright. your cpu is clocked at 2.1GHz, right? I don't remember what the XP 3000+ is.
How many open DIMM slots do you have?

How did you manage to dig up a four year old forum thread? Sorta explains about the video card being 4 generations old.