Hard Drive Replacement

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
November 6, 2004 6:00:50 PM

Hi I recently had a hard drive failure, returned it to the dealer ( Here in
Brisbane Qld ) and he told me it will take at least 6 or 8 weeks to get a
replacement.
I am hopping up and down at the moment ringing them every 2nd day or so, but
it is not doing me any good.
I just can not understand why they can't repalce it on the spot and get a
new one from the importer or dealer.
Well i am not buying any more from them anyway.
Is this the norm??????????????????

Regards
Graham

More about : hard drive replacement

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
November 6, 2004 6:00:51 PM

grahamjfeeley <grahamjfeeley@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi I recently had a hard drive failure, returned it to the dealer ( Here in
> Brisbane Qld ) and he told me it will take at least 6 or 8 weeks to get a
> replacement.
> I am hopping up and down at the moment ringing them every 2nd day or so, but
> it is not doing me any good.
> I just can not understand why they can't repalce it on the spot and get a
> new one from the importer or dealer.
> Well i am not buying any more from them anyway.
> Is this the norm??????????????????
>
> Regards
> Graham

It is usually the case when the item in question is obsolete.

--

Wing Wong.
Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au