hard drive capacity not recognized

I just put a 20 gig hard drive on an asus p3b-f motherboard and it reports
that the size is only 8 gigs.
Actually, it says in the bios:
CHS capacity 8422 mb
max LBA capacity 20496 mb

Can anyone please advise what I need to do to have the whole drive size
recognized?
I also wanted to install an 80 gig hard drive on the system, but I'm holding
off until I get this problem resolved.
Thanks for any help.

Luis ORTEGA wrote:
> I just put a 20 gig hard drive on an asus p3b-f motherboard and it reports
> that the size is only 8 gigs.
> Actually, it says in the bios:
> CHS capacity 8422 mb
> max LBA capacity 20496 mb

It's telling you there are two methods for accessing the hard drive: CHS
and LBA.

The maximum capacity the CHS method can handle is 8422 MB.

> Can anyone please advise what I need to do to have the whole drive size
> recognized?

Use LBA.