Matrox Graphics card

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

I am running Win ME and have a Matrox graphics card. How can I
identify what card it is please? Is there a small utility that will do
this?

"Dev" wrote:
> I am running Win ME and have a Matrox graphics card. How can I
> identify what card it is please? Is there a small utility that will do
> this?

Right-click on the desktop, select "Properties", click "Settings" tab, click
the "Advanced" button, go to "Adaptor" tab and look there.

Jon

On 07/11/2004 Dev wrote:

> I am running Win ME and have a Matrox graphics card. How can I
> identify what card it is please? Is there a small utility that will do
> this?

If you can track down a copy of AIDA32 it will give you this info, and
a lot more. I think I read it's become commercial now but you may be
able to track the free version down with Google.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
Posted with XanaNews 1.16.4.6

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:42:32 GMT, Dev <Dev.nospam@c.co.uk> wrote:

| I am running Win ME and have a Matrox graphics card. How can I
| identify what card it is please? Is there a small utility that will do
| this?

Are you running Matrox software? If so, right click on an open space
on your desktop. Select Properties > Settings tab > Advanced button >
Information tab. If you don't have Matrox software, go to Control
Panel > System and navigate to Device Manager and look under Display
Adapters (or whatever WinME calls it). That should at least tell you
which Matrox card you have so you can go to

http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/latest/home.cfm

and download the latest drivers for installation if you don't already
have them. Once installed, you can use the first method above for
getting more information than just the card model.

Larc

"Jeff Gaines" <whitedragon101@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> I am running Win ME and have a Matrox graphics card. How can I
>> identify what card it is please? Is there a small utility that will do
>> this?

>If you can track down a copy of AIDA32 it will give you this info, and
>a lot more. I think I read it's become commercial now but you may be
>able to track the free version down with Google.

AIDA32 has been replaced by EVEREST. You can download the Home
Edition for free from http://www.lavalys.com/.

--
>iv< Paul >iv<

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:42:32 GMT, Dev <Dev.nospam@c.co.uk> wrote:

>I am running Win ME and have a Matrox graphics card. How can I
>identify what card it is please? Is there a small utility that will do
>this?

There's also Berlac Advisor, which will give you a pretty good stab at
it, and much else besides, from:

Bryan Bellis.
Don't hit REPLY to email me, my spam trap will
kill it. Use the link below instead please.

To email me, go to this web page link:
http://www.pcdr.co.uk/spam/antispam.html

mikhail

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

If all else fails take the side of your case and have a butchers at whats
written of the card itself, i.e. letters numbers, stckers etc, matrox has an
index to match up these codes to the cards on their website.

On 07/11/2004 Paul Hopwood wrote:

> "Jeff Gaines" <whitedragon101@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I am running Win ME and have a Matrox graphics card. How can I
> >> identify what card it is please? Is there a small utility that
> will do >> this?
>
> > If you can track down a copy of AIDA32 it will give you this info,
> > and a lot more. I think I read it's become commercial now but you
> > may be able to track the free version down with Google.
>
> AIDA32 has been replaced by EVEREST. You can download the Home
> Edition for free from http://www.lavalys.com/.

Thanks for that Paul, good to know it's still avilable.

--

mikhail wrote:
> If all else fails take the side of your case and have a butchers at whats
> written of the card itself, i.e. letters numbers, stckers etc, matrox has an
> index to match up these codes to the cards on their website.

If nothing there, go to a command prompt and type: debug
then type: d c000:0000
You should see a reference to VGA, you are in the right ballpark, press
"d" and return to see the next few lines, I had to do it 4 times then it
came up with the name that flashes up on the BIOS at startup (assuming
you didn't see anything when it started up).

dt

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

Or type "dxdiag" in Run box and go to Display when DX diagnostic Tool
appears....

DT

"Paul Hopwood" <paul@hopwood.org.uk> wrote in message
> "Jeff Gaines" <whitedragon101@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I am running Win ME and have a Matrox graphics card. How can I
>>> identify what card it is please? Is there a small utility that will do
>>> this?
>
>>If you can track down a copy of AIDA32 it will give you this info, and
>>a lot more. I think I read it's become commercial now but you may be
>>able to track the free version down with Google.
>
> AIDA32 has been replaced by EVEREST. You can download the Home
> Edition for free from http://www.lavalys.com/.
>
> --
>>iv< Paul >iv<

Thanks for the info re Everest/Aida32, Paul. It seems to have a few extra
options - including hard drive temps.
--
Doug Ramage

[Watch Spam Trap]