Two newbie questions

Mac

I have a home made system with a MSI KTV4 motherboard and an Athlon XP 2100.
I would like to upgrade the CPU.

Question 1: What is a better cpu: an Athlon XP 3000 Barton FSB 166 or an
AMD Sempron Thorton 2800+ 166 FSB?

Question 2: When I boot the computer up, how do I freeze the screen or slow
it down so I can read all the BIOS postings....they are scrolling so fast it
is impossible to read...

Thanks,
mac

"mac" wrote:

> Question 2: When I boot the computer up, how do I freeze the screen or
slow
> it down so I can read all the BIOS postings....they are scrolling so fast
it
> is impossible to read...

Press the "Pause" key.

Jon

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:51:46 GMT, "mac" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote:

>I have a home made system with a MSI KTV4 motherboard and an Athlon XP 2100.
>I would like to upgrade the CPU.
>
>Question 1: What is a better cpu: an Athlon XP 3000 Barton FSB 166 or an
>AMD Sempron Thorton 2800+ 166 FSB?

The Barton

"mac" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote in message
>I have a home made system with a MSI KTV4 motherboard and an Athlon XP
>2100. I would like to upgrade the CPU.
>
> Question 1: What is a better cpu: an Athlon XP 3000 Barton FSB 166 or an
> AMD Sempron Thorton 2800+ 166 FSB?
>
> Question 2: When I boot the computer up, how do I freeze the screen or
> slow it down so I can read all the BIOS postings....they are scrolling so
> fast it is impossible to read...
>
> Thanks,
> mac

if your board has corecell (is on my KT6V)

get a 2600+ buy a few case fans and get a decent heatsink/fan and OC it to
3200+ (2300mhz)

depending on your boards support that is

FSB400 board etc and DDR400 would be best, otherwise just get a barton

3000 isnt the best choice though, go for either the 2800+ or the 3200+ if
you board can support the 400mhz FSB for the 3200+

TRENDING THREADS