Mobo CD Audio Bridge

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

I've got this ECS K7S5A Pro motherboard. The cd-in connectors, with the
cd-in 1 connector the pin arrangement is slightly narrower than the cd-in 2
connector. Is there a different cable for that other than the standard
analog cable that comes with the optical drive?

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about mobo audio bridge
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:28:45 GMT, "Craig Palme"
    <capalme@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I've got this ECS K7S5A Pro motherboard. The cd-in connectors, with the
    >cd-in 1 connector the pin arrangement is slightly narrower than the cd-in 2
    >connector. Is there a different cable for that other than the standard
    >analog cable that comes with the optical drive?
    >
    >thanks

    Yes, that connector-socket uses a smaller connector-plug
    that used to be more common than it is today.

    HOWEVER, your board doesn't actually have 2 audio inputs for
    CDs, both the "CD1" and "CD2" are the same input just wired
    to two physically different pin-headers for maximum
    compatibility's sake. Your cable will plug into one or the
    other. Use the "Aux In" socket if you need two CDROMs
    connected.

    Note that modern WIndows OS, win98 or newer can use the IDE
    cable for audio, that analog audio cable isn't needed at all
    except with the rare optical drives that don't support this
    - most do. The setting is in the properties for the drive
    in Device Manager "Enable Digital Audio for ..." or
    something like that.

Homebuilt Hardware CD-Rom Systems