Mobo CD Audio Bridge

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
November 16, 2004 2:28:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

I've got this ECS K7S5A Pro motherboard. The cd-in connectors, with the
cd-in 1 connector the pin arrangement is slightly narrower than the cd-in 2
connector. Is there a different cable for that other than the standard
analog cable that comes with the optical drive?

thanks

More about : mobo audio bridge

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
November 16, 2004 7:02:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:28:45 GMT, "Craig Palme"
<capalme@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've got this ECS K7S5A Pro motherboard. The cd-in connectors, with the
>cd-in 1 connector the pin arrangement is slightly narrower than the cd-in 2
>connector. Is there a different cable for that other than the standard
>analog cable that comes with the optical drive?
>
>thanks

Yes, that connector-socket uses a smaller connector-plug
that used to be more common than it is today.

HOWEVER, your board doesn't actually have 2 audio inputs for
CDs, both the "CD1" and "CD2" are the same input just wired
to two physically different pin-headers for maximum
compatibility's sake. Your cable will plug into one or the
other. Use the "Aux In" socket if you need two CDROMs
connected.

Note that modern WIndows OS, win98 or newer can use the IDE
cable for audio, that analog audio cable isn't needed at all
except with the rare optical drives that don't support this
- most do. The setting is in the properties for the drive
in Device Manager "Enable Digital Audio for ..." or
something like that.