No Audio In Available - solution needed...

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 21, 2004 1:33:13 AM

Hi,
Just to check if there is any solution to this situation.
I have a Shuttle with am FB61 Mainboard.

There is no free PCI slot, and the built in sound card does not have an
AUDIO-LINE IN as far as I can tell.

I need to connect a TV card (WinTV) with the LINE-IN and I do not want
to use an external sound card if I can help it.

I have one free AGP slot - perhaps there is a high end graphics card
that can also do sound...?
Any other tweaks I can do that might allow me to solve this?!

Any tips appreciated!

Johanna

More about : audio solution needed

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
November 21, 2004 1:33:14 AM

Johanna wrote:

> Hi,
> Just to check if there is any solution to this situation.
> I have a Shuttle with am FB61 Mainboard.
>
> There is no free PCI slot, and the built in sound card does not have an
> AUDIO-LINE IN as far as I can tell.
>
> I need to connect a TV card (WinTV) with the LINE-IN and I do not want
> to use an external sound card if I can help it.
>
> I have one free AGP slot - perhaps there is a high end graphics card
> that can also do sound...?
> Any other tweaks I can do that might allow me to solve this?!
>
> Any tips appreciated!
>
> Johanna

Use the CD audio connector.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
November 23, 2004 1:26:57 AM

Howdy!

"Johanna" <johanna@homechoice.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Just to check if there is any solution to this situation.
> I have a Shuttle with am FB61 Mainboard.
>
> There is no free PCI slot, and the built in sound card does not have an
> AUDIO-LINE IN as far as I can tell.

*blink* I'd hazard a guess that the connector between the LineOut
(or Speakers) and the Mic In would be, as it's labeled, "Line In".

And are you sure that's a Shuttle FB61 mainboard? It's not listed
on their web site.

> I need to connect a TV card (WinTV) with the LINE-IN and I do not want
> to use an external sound card if I can help it.
>
> I have one free AGP slot - perhaps there is a high end graphics card
> that can also do sound...?
> Any other tweaks I can do that might allow me to solve this?!
>
> Any tips appreciated!
>
> Johanna

RwP
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
November 24, 2004 1:11:05 AM

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:33:13 +0000, Johanna
<johanna@homechoice.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
>Just to check if there is any solution to this situation.
>I have a Shuttle with am FB61 Mainboard.
>
>There is no free PCI slot, and the built in sound card does not have an
>AUDIO-LINE IN as far as I can tell.
>
>I need to connect a TV card (WinTV) with the LINE-IN and I do not want
>to use an external sound card if I can help it.
>
>I have one free AGP slot - perhaps there is a high end graphics card
>that can also do sound...?
>Any other tweaks I can do that might allow me to solve this?!
>
>Any tips appreciated!
>
>Johanna

While the following pic may not be of your (XPC?) it
"appears" to be same motherboard from scant 'net evidence.
Anyway the pic shows the line-in jack plainly for a
microphone and line,
http://www.firingsquad.com/media/hirez.asp?file=/hardwa...

Or on the front
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/shuttle_sb61g2_revi...
Perhaps the front-panel jacks have a proprietary header on
the board? That'd be commonly how it's done, with a
double-row of pins or something more proprietary.

In the following picture it looks a lot like there are three
audio cables just to the left of the heatsink, presumably
leading to all three audio jacks.
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/shuttle_sb61g2_revi...
Here's another angle of that but it's a bit too blurry to
make out the connector sockets.
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/shuttle_sb61g2_revi...

Or, is that not even similar to your motherboard? The pics
came from a gallery here:
http://www.firingsquad.com/media/article_image.asp?fs_a...
linked from this review:
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/shuttle_sb61g2_revi...