No Audio In Available - solution needed...

Hi,
Just to check if there is any solution to this situation.
I have a Shuttle with am FB61 Mainboard.

There is no free PCI slot, and the built in sound card does not have an
AUDIO-LINE IN as far as I can tell.

I need to connect a TV card (WinTV) with the LINE-IN and I do not want
to use an external sound card if I can help it.

I have one free AGP slot - perhaps there is a high end graphics card
that can also do sound...?
Any other tweaks I can do that might allow me to solve this?!

Any tips appreciated!

Johanna
3 answers Last reply
More about audio solution needed

    Johanna wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Just to check if there is any solution to this situation.
    > I have a Shuttle with am FB61 Mainboard.
    >
    > There is no free PCI slot, and the built in sound card does not have an
    > AUDIO-LINE IN as far as I can tell.
    >
    > I need to connect a TV card (WinTV) with the LINE-IN and I do not want
    > to use an external sound card if I can help it.
    >
    > I have one free AGP slot - perhaps there is a high end graphics card
    > that can also do sound...?
    > Any other tweaks I can do that might allow me to solve this?!
    >
    > Any tips appreciated!
    >
    > Johanna

    Use the CD audio connector.

    Howdy!

    "Johanna" <johanna@homechoice.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Just to check if there is any solution to this situation.
    > I have a Shuttle with am FB61 Mainboard.
    >
    > There is no free PCI slot, and the built in sound card does not have an
    > AUDIO-LINE IN as far as I can tell.

    *blink* I'd hazard a guess that the connector between the LineOut
    (or Speakers) and the Mic In would be, as it's labeled, "Line In".

    And are you sure that's a Shuttle FB61 mainboard? It's not listed
    on their web site.

    > I need to connect a TV card (WinTV) with the LINE-IN and I do not want
    > to use an external sound card if I can help it.
    >
    > I have one free AGP slot - perhaps there is a high end graphics card
    > that can also do sound...?
    > Any other tweaks I can do that might allow me to solve this?!
    >
    > Any tips appreciated!
    >
    > Johanna

    RwP

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:33:13 +0000, Johanna
    <johanna@homechoice.co.uk> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >Just to check if there is any solution to this situation.
    >I have a Shuttle with am FB61 Mainboard.
    >
    >There is no free PCI slot, and the built in sound card does not have an
    >AUDIO-LINE IN as far as I can tell.
    >
    >I need to connect a TV card (WinTV) with the LINE-IN and I do not want
    >to use an external sound card if I can help it.
    >
    >I have one free AGP slot - perhaps there is a high end graphics card
    >that can also do sound...?
    >Any other tweaks I can do that might allow me to solve this?!
    >
    >Any tips appreciated!
    >
    >Johanna

    While the following pic may not be of your (XPC?) it
    "appears" to be same motherboard from scant 'net evidence.
    Anyway the pic shows the line-in jack plainly for a
    microphone and line,
    http://www.firingsquad.com/media/hirez.asp?file=/hardware/shuttle_sb61g2_review/images/08.jpg

    Or on the front
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/shuttle_sb61g2_review/images/09.jpg
    Perhaps the front-panel jacks have a proprietary header on
    the board? That'd be commonly how it's done, with a
    double-row of pins or something more proprietary.

    In the following picture it looks a lot like there are three
    audio cables just to the left of the heatsink, presumably
    leading to all three audio jacks.
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/shuttle_sb61g2_review/images/16.jpg
    Here's another angle of that but it's a bit too blurry to
    make out the connector sockets.
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/shuttle_sb61g2_review/images/19.jpg

    Or, is that not even similar to your motherboard? The pics
    came from a gallery here:
    http://www.firingsquad.com/media/article_image.asp?fs_article_id=1258&pic_id=01
    linked from this review:
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/shuttle_sb61g2_review/default.asp