Linksys WRT54GS and radius will not hand out DHCP info on ..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 3, 2005 6:57:24 PM

OK, I followed the instruction on Microsoft's site on "Securing Wireless
LANs with PEAP and Passwords". Everything seems to work fine except for two
issues:

1. The clients seem to drop off after a while and immediately re-hookup.
2. One client (using a Netgear MA401 nic) just sits there with a red error
saying it can't hook up. If you give it a manual IP address (along with
subnet and default gateway) it connects immediately. Any ideas? A sample of
teh event log from the IAS server is shown below.

Arch

Event Type: Information
Event Source: IAS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 06/02/2005
Time: 7:34:33 PM
User: N/A
Computer: bigdaddy
User host/arch.xxxxx.com was granted access.
Fully-Qualified-User-Name = auburn\arch$
NAS-IP-Address = xx.x.xx.xxx
NAS-Identifier = xxxxxxxx
Client-Friendly-Name = wareagle
Client-IP-Address = x.xxx.xxx.xx
Calling-Station-Identifier = xxxxxxxx
NAS-Port-Type = Wireless - IEEE 802.11
NAS-Port = 47
Proxy-Policy-Name = Use Windows authentication for all users
Authentication-Provider = Windows
Authentication-Server = <undetermined>
Policy-Name = Allow wireless LAN access
Authentication-Type = PEAP
EAP-Type = Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 4:13:47 PM

Try upgrading your firmware and drivers?

Assuming there is no problem with the DHCP server, the initial DHCP is
broadcast, so it's possible your client/AP is having trouble with broadcast
packets. If you have a network sniffer, you could figure this out for sure.

Is there anything on the AP that would indicate why the clients droppped
off? Are there any failures on the IAS server? You show a successful auth
below.

Try turning off any "extra" features on the AP. Do you have it set to do
periodic reauthentication? (Sorry I'm unfamiliar with this model.) Do all
clients drop simultaneously or at regular intervals?

Make sure there is no radio interference from other sources - 2.4Ghz phones,
microwaves.

--
Standard Disclaimers -
and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly

!