Memory banks

Hi, my system is a P 4 2.8E, MSI 875PE Neo2, 2 x 256 DDR PC3200 and 2 x 512
DDR PC3200.

How to populate the 4 memory banks in the mainboard? Any special order?

Thanks in advance, Silva
2 answers Last reply
More about memory banks

    The memory needs to be installed in matched pairs in the odd and even banks.
    If you call the slot closest to the processor slot 1, in 1 and 3 put in the
    two 512mb modules and in slots 2 and 4 install the two 256mb modules.

    "NSA" <m.silva@netcabo.pt> wrote in message
    > Hi, my system is a P 4 2.8E, MSI 875PE Neo2, 2 x 256 DDR PC3200 and 2 x
    > 512 DDR PC3200.
    >
    > How to populate the 4 memory banks in the mainboard? Any special order?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Silva

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 04:25:04 GMT, "Tweek"
    <shawnwinget@nospam_hotmail.com> wrote:

    >The memory needs to be installed in matched pairs in the odd and even banks.
    >If you call the slot closest to the processor slot 1, in 1 and 3 put in the
    >two 512mb modules and in slots 2 and 4 install the two 256mb modules.
    >

    >"NSA" <m.silva@netcabo.pt> wrote in message
    >> Hi, my system is a P 4 2.8E, MSI 875PE Neo2, 2 x 256 DDR PC3200 and 2 x
    >> 512 DDR PC3200.
    >>
    >> How to populate the 4 memory banks in the mainboard? Any special order?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance, Silva

    Better yet... RTFM!!!

Homebuilt DDR Memory Systems