EPSON Stylus-Photo R200 - WOW!!

Hi again,

I posted last week for some advice on a new Ink-Jet printer, and finally
made my mind up on a new EPSON Stylus-Photo R200, so I popped up to Simply
computers today and picked one up for the value sum of £85.00 notes.

Well I just got home and set this printer up and did my first test prints. .
.. . . . . .WOW!

I have done a few A4 *Borderless* prints on Matte-Heavyweight, A4 Glossy
Photo-Paper and used up my 3-sheet! test pack of 4x6" Premium Glossy
Photo-Paper, results are stunning!

All the shots I printed so far have been from a NIKON 2 MegaPixel Pocket
camera.

I didn't test out the direct CD/DVD printing yet, but it looks
straightforward enough. For £85.00 I am amazed at how good this printer is?
My last Printer was an EPSON Stylus-Colour 980 which produced good results,
but the R200's 6-Colour blows it away!.

Full recommendations to anyone out there on a budget looking for a nice
personal photo printer. . . . .
--
Wayne ][

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Wayne Youngman wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I posted last week for some advice on a new Ink-Jet printer, and finally
> made my mind up on a new EPSON Stylus-Photo R200, so I popped up to Simply
> computers today and picked one up for the value sum of £85.00 notes.
>
> Well I just got home and set this printer up and did my first test prints. .
> . . . . . .WOW!
>
> I have done a few A4 *Borderless* prints on Matte-Heavyweight, A4 Glossy
> Photo-Paper and used up my 3-sheet! test pack of 4x6" Premium Glossy
> Photo-Paper, results are stunning!
>
> All the shots I printed so far have been from a NIKON 2 MegaPixel Pocket
> camera.
>
> I didn't test out the direct CD/DVD printing yet, but it looks
> straightforward enough. For £85.00 I am amazed at how good this printer is?
> My last Printer was an EPSON Stylus-Colour 980 which produced good results,
> but the R200's 6-Colour blows it away!.
>
> Full recommendations to anyone out there on a budget looking for a nice
> personal photo printer. . . . .

You may want another just to get another set of inks. Have you priced
the inks?

Here the inks are RRP $23.95 each x 6 = $143.70 and a new printer is
around $205

But thats like all printers now.

rm

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:09:29 +1000, Rob <Mese@mine.com> wrote:

>Here the inks are RRP $23.95 each x 6 = $143.70 and a new printer is
>around $205
>
>But thats like all printers now.

The cost of ink is in inverse proportion to the cost of the printer,
generally.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

In article <4125a325$0$27241$61ce578d@news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au>,
Rob <Mese@mine.com> wrote:

> Wayne Youngman wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I posted last week for some advice on a new Ink-Jet printer, and finally
> > made my mind up on a new EPSON Stylus-Photo R200, so I popped up to Simply
> > computers today and picked one up for the value sum of £85.00 notes.
> >
> > Well I just got home and set this printer up and did my first test prints. .
> > . . . . . .WOW!
> >
> > I have done a few A4 *Borderless* prints on Matte-Heavyweight, A4 Glossy
> > Photo-Paper and used up my 3-sheet! test pack of 4x6" Premium Glossy
> > Photo-Paper, results are stunning!
> >
> > All the shots I printed so far have been from a NIKON 2 MegaPixel Pocket
> > camera.
> >
> > I didn't test out the direct CD/DVD printing yet, but it looks
> > straightforward enough. For £85.00 I am amazed at how good this printer is?
> > My last Printer was an EPSON Stylus-Colour 980 which produced good results,
> > but the R200's 6-Colour blows it away!.
> >
> > Full recommendations to anyone out there on a budget looking for a nice
> > personal photo printer. . . . .
>
> You may want another just to get another set of inks. Have you priced
> the inks?
>
> Here the inks are RRP $23.95 each x 6 = $143.70 and a new printer is
> around $205
>
> But thats like all printers now.
>
> rm

I purchased an R200 for $140. The 5 color cartridges are about $13 at
Office Max, and the black cartridge is about $18.

--
Gordon Alley <*>
<mailto:galley@texas.net>

"Gordon B. Alley"wrote

> I purchased an R200 for $140. The 5 color cartridges are about $13 at
> Office Max, and the black cartridge is about $18.

Hi,

it's a good printewr isn't it:), I just been out too look for cheap
glass-borderless frames to show off my work :p
--
Wayne ][

In article <412773f5$1_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>,
"Wayne Youngman" <waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> "Gordon B. Alley"wrote
>
> > I purchased an R200 for $140. The 5 color cartridges are about $13 at
> > Office Max, and the black cartridge is about $18.
>

> Hi,
>
> it's a good printewr isn't it:), I just been out too look for cheap
> glass-borderless frames to show off my work :p

Yep. So far, I've been pretty happy with it. It prints great glossy
photos (haven't really played with borderless printing, though).

--
Gordon Alley <*>
<mailto:galley@texas.net>

"Gordon B. Alley" wrote

> Yep. So far, I've been pretty happy with it. It prints great glossy
> photos (haven't really played with borderless printing, though).

Hi,

The borderless prints are great! although I only really sussed them out
using the EPSON *Photo-Quicker* software, it works pretty good. The Prints
I did on the included 6x4 premium glossy paper look like they were done in a
pro photo lab. . .

The Only thing I didn't test yet is the direct-to-CD/DVD printing. . .
--
Wayne ][

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:15:20 +0100, Wayne Youngman wrote:

> The borderless prints are great! although I only really sussed them out
> using the EPSON *Photo-Quicker* software, it works pretty good. The Prints
> I did on the included 6x4 premium glossy paper look like they were done in a
> pro photo lab. . .
>
> The Only thing I didn't test yet is the direct-to-CD/DVD printing. . .

I copied some software CD's for backup purposes onto printable CD's
yesterday.

Using a scanner I scanned the original CD's, opened up the software
that comes with Epson R210 (Epson CD)and copied the original image.

Again, using the Epson CD software, I used the copied image to print
the image onto the backup CD.

Nearly impossible to tell the copy from the original it's that good.

Regards,
John.