Bbuilding computer for presentation software

I need to put together a computer to run
MediaShout(www.mediashout.com) presentation software.
This is from their website as far as hardware recommendations:

Video Cards (Desktop)

These cards should have a minimum of 32 MB - Most people will probably
get a 64MB card or greater since they are easily accessible to most
people nowadays. These cards are between $50 and $150 generally.
MediaShout users do not need extremely high end video cards. If the
card is more than $150 it is probably a high end card with features
that MediaShout does not utilize. Normally, high end cards are for
video editors and video gamers.

ATI Radeon 9000, Series Video Cards
Nvidia Geforce Series Video Cards
WE DO NOT RECOMMEND MATROX VIDEO CARDS!!

General Specs

Windows XP Operating System Intel Pentium 4 Processor 256 MB RAM 30 GB
Hard Drive (can be greater if desired) Dual Display video card (ATI
RADEON or Nvidia Geforce ) or two seperate video cards for a desktop
machine.

MediaShout V3 PC*

Windows XP, 1 GHz processor, 256 MB RAM, 200 MB free hard disk space
(recommended: 1.5 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 1 GB free hard disk
space); dual-display capability**

This is what I have come up with:

MOTHERBOARD- Intel D865PERL
CASE- Antec Sonata
PROCESSOR- Intel P4 3Ghz
MEMORY- Crucial (2)512 PC3200 DDR-Sdram
VIDEO CARD(s)- Don't know yet
HARDDRIVE- Seagate 80g 7200rpm 8mb
OPTICAL-Plextor PX712 DVD+-RW Writer

You all out there know more about this stuff than I do and I know this
computer is a little overkill, but I had much rather have overkill and
have the power in case I need it. So all of your suggestions will be
greatly appreciated, especially for the video card(s).
This program is designed to run with two monitors.

rburge58@bellsouth.net wrote:
> I need to put together a computer to run
> MediaShout(www.mediashout.com) presentation software.
> This is from their website as far as hardware recommendations:
>
> Video Cards (Desktop)
>
> These cards should have a minimum of 32 MB - Most people will probably
> get a 64MB card or greater since they are easily accessible to most
> people nowadays. These cards are between $50 and $150 generally.
> MediaShout users do not need extremely high end video cards. If the
> card is more than $150 it is probably a high end card with features
> that MediaShout does not utilize. Normally, high end cards are for
> video editors and video gamers.
>
> ATI Radeon 9000, Series Video Cards
> Nvidia Geforce Series Video Cards
> WE DO NOT RECOMMEND MATROX VIDEO CARDS!!
>
> General Specs
>
> Windows XP Operating System Intel Pentium 4 Processor 256 MB RAM 30 GB
> Hard Drive (can be greater if desired) Dual Display video card (ATI
> RADEON or Nvidia Geforce ) or two seperate video cards for a desktop
> machine.
>
> MediaShout V3 PC*
>
> Windows XP, 1 GHz processor, 256 MB RAM, 200 MB free hard disk space
> (recommended: 1.5 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 1 GB free hard disk
> space); dual-display capability**
>
> This is what I have come up with:
>
> MOTHERBOARD- Intel D865PERL
> CASE- Antec Sonata
> PROCESSOR- Intel P4 3Ghz
> MEMORY- Crucial (2)512 PC3200 DDR-Sdram
> VIDEO CARD(s)- Don't know yet
> HARDDRIVE- Seagate 80g 7200rpm 8mb
> OPTICAL-Plextor PX712 DVD+-RW Writer
>
> You all out there know more about this stuff than I do and I know this
> computer is a little overkill, but I had much rather have overkill and
> have the power in case I need it. So all of your suggestions will be
> greatly appreciated, especially for the video card(s).
> This program is designed to run with two monitors.
I would say it depends how much you want to spend.

If you have a DVD Burner, you might want to have an ATI Radeon 9600 XT
All-In-Wonder with the remote control. It comes with a TV/FM receiver.
If you ever want to import video it can come in handy.

In reality you can get by with an ATI Radeon 9000 or a generic OEM brand
like Sapphire. If you want an Nvidia product you could something like a

> Windows XP, 1 GHz processor, 256 MB RAM, 200 MB free hard disk space
> (recommended: 1.5 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 1 GB free hard disk
> space); dual-display capability**
>
> This is what I have come up with:
>
> MOTHERBOARD- Intel D865PERL
> CASE- Antec Sonata
> PROCESSOR- Intel P4 3Ghz
> MEMORY- Crucial (2)512 PC3200 DDR-Sdram
> VIDEO CARD(s)- Don't know yet
> HARDDRIVE- Seagate 80g 7200rpm 8mb
> OPTICAL-Plextor PX712 DVD+-RW Writer
>
> ...I know this computer is a little overkill, but I had much rather
> have overkill and have the power in case I need it.

Looks like it's way overkill. I don't see a DVD burner in the system
requirements ;)

> So all of your suggestions will be greatly appreciated, especially
> for the video card(s). This program is designed to run with two
> monitors.

Choose your flavor: Nvidia or ATI. Buy one of their sub- $100 cards with
VGA and DVI ports and make sure it comes with a DVI-->VGA connector.

If it isn't your personal PC, I would just go buy them a Dell Dimension
8400.
--
Mac Cool

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 05:02:55 GMT, Mac Cool <Mac@2cool.com> wrote:

>Looks like it's way overkill. I don't see a DVD burner in the system
>requirements ;)
>
>> So all of your suggestions will be greatly appreciated, especially
>> for the video card(s). This program is designed to run with two
>> monitors.
>
>Choose your flavor: Nvidia or ATI. Buy one of their sub- $100 cards with
>VGA and DVI ports and make sure it comes with a DVI-->VGA connector.
>
>If it isn't your personal PC, I would just go buy them a Dell Dimension
>8400.
>--
>Mac Cool

Your right, it is way ove kill but I figure to much it better than too
little. I looked at the Dell Dimension 8400 from their website and it
is a good price considering a free 17" monitor and printer, but I
could not find anything on what brand components they are using and
that kind of worries me.
\

Richard

> Your right, it is way ove kill but I figure to much it better than too
> little.

If the components are going to be used then you should include them, if
it's your money then include them; but if you're spending someone else's
money then I wouldn't spend money on unnecessary components.

> I looked at the Dell Dimension 8400 from their website and it
> is a good price considering a free 17" monitor and printer, but I
> could not find anything on what brand components they are using and
> that kind of worries me.

I have built many machines but I've only bought one premanufactured
machine, a Dell. I bought it because of my experience with them at work.
For every horror story you will hear, there are thousands of successes. I
hate to sound like a Dell salesman (I'm not) but I'm the kind of person
who will tell you quick if I think something is bad and I'll tell you even
quicker if I think it's good.
--
Mac Cool