Mame Plus - Story tab

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I've just downloaded Mame32Plus 98u1. It now includes a "Story" tab
along with the regular Snapshot, Flyer, Cabinet, Marquee, Title,
Control Panel, History tabs we all know and love. Question: does
anyone know what the Story tab is for? It just seems to be a blank
page! Perhaps I'm missing something. Is there a download required to
populate it?

Confused!!!!

Troy.

Elvis

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

Troy please stop asking redundant questions over at
"MAME Plus! - English Board"
This has already been answered.

Re:[2] story.dat ????
Date: 2005/07/12(Tue) 18:13

> ""added story.dat datafile support"
>
> Story.dat ? what is it ?"

Just like a history.dat but you can write game's story in it.
Welcome :)

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:39:20 -0500, "Elvis" <Elvis@comcast.net> wrote:

> Troy please stop asking redundant questions over at
> "MAME Plus! - English Board"
> This has already been answered.
>
> Re:[2] story.dat ????
> Date: 2005/07/12(Tue) 18:13
>

>> ""added story.dat datafile support"
>>
>> Story.dat ? what is it ?"
>
>Just like a history.dat but you can write game's story in it.
>Welcome :)

Thanks for your unhelpful reply here Elvis, and researching my
question. I wasn't aware that you think you're the Mame Plus board
moderator. The strange thing is, the Mame Plus Board answered my
question this morning (see post 30 21/7/05) with the extra detail I
asked them for.

Get a life boy, you're still branded....

Troy.

Troy <troy@nospam.com>after crossing the finish line at the Special
Olympics proudly proclaimed:

The strange thing is, the Mame Plus Board answered my
> question this morning (see post 30 21/7/05) with the extra detail I
> asked them for.

So, what's the answer? What is the sotry tab for?

--
FSogol

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Troy wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:39:20 -0500, "Elvis" <Elvis@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> Troy please stop asking redundant questions over at
>> "MAME Plus! - English Board"
>> This has already been answered.
>>
>> Re:[2] story.dat ????
>> Date: 2005/07/12(Tue) 18:13
>>

>>>""added story.dat datafile support"
>>>
>>>Story.dat ? what is it ?"
>>
>>Just like a history.dat but you can write game's story in it.
>>Welcome :)
>>

> Thanks for your unhelpful reply here Elvis, and researching my
> question. I wasn't aware that you think you're the Mame Plus board
> moderator. The strange thing is, the Mame Plus Board answered my
> question this morning (see post 30 21/7/05) with the extra detail I
> asked them for.
>
> Get a life boy, you're still branded....
>
> Troy.

Troy, any chance of a link to the site for mameplus? I googled but the
newest version I saw was 89?

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:54:40 GMT, MCR <mark.coleman10@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>Troy wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:39:20 -0500, "Elvis" <Elvis@comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Troy please stop asking redundant questions over at
>>> "MAME Plus! - English Board"
>>> This has already been answered.
>>>
>>> Re:[2] story.dat ????
>>> Date: 2005/07/12(Tue) 18:13

>>>Just like a history.dat but you can write game's story in it.
>>>Welcome :)
>>>

>> Thanks for your unhelpful reply here Elvis, and researching my
>> question. I wasn't aware that you think you're the Mame Plus board
>> moderator. The strange thing is, the Mame Plus Board answered my
>> question this morning (see post 30 21/7/05) with the extra detail I
>> asked them for.
>>
>> Get a life boy, you're still branded....
>>
>> Troy.
>>

>Troy, any chance of a link to the site for mameplus? I googled but the
>newest version I saw was 89?

No problem, it's at:
http://mameplus.emu-france.com/

Troy.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:51:59 GMT, FSogol <fsogol@nomorespamplease.nu>
wrote:

>Troy <troy@nospam.com>after crossing the finish line at the Special
>Olympics proudly proclaimed:
>

> The strange thing is, the Mame Plus Board answered my
>> question this morning (see post 30 21/7/05) with the extra detail I
>> asked them for.
>>

>So, what's the answer? What is the sotry tab for?

The answer seems to be:

The Story tab is currently only of use if you happen to read Japanese.
Story.dat file is downloaded with the Japanese language pack. It
allows the author of the story.dat to include text relating to the
story of the game. It works in a similar way to history.dat, I guess
you could put anything relevant in it.

Troy.

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Troy wrote:

Snipped

>>Troy, any chance of a link to the site for mameplus? I googled but the
>>newest version I saw was 89?
>

> No problem, it's at:
> http://mameplus.emu-france.com/
>
> Troy.