mobo advice

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
December 19, 2004 9:59:36 PM

Recently, I have 2nd thought about selecting a i865PE mobo. I need some
advice on which to select: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G, ECS 865PE-A, or ECS PF1
'Photon'.

The main consideration is price to value ratio (I'm on a very tight
budget), stability, and performance, exactly in that order. I currently
don't need FireWire and/or GBit LAN, and I don't like onboard graphic
adapters.

Plz help.
TIA

More about : mobo advice

December 19, 2004 9:59:37 PM

Ricky Romaya wrote:

> Recently, I have 2nd thought about selecting a i865PE mobo. I need some
> advice on which to select: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G, ECS 865PE-A, or ECS PF1
> 'Photon'.
>
> The main consideration is price to value ratio (I'm on a very tight
> budget), stability, and performance, exactly in that order. I currently
> don't need FireWire and/or GBit LAN, and I don't like onboard graphic
> adapters.
>
> Plz help.
> TIA

If you're interested in looking for price to value, you should consider
a setup with an AMD Athlon64.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
December 20, 2004 7:46:56 AM

On 19 Dec 2004 18:59:36 GMT, Ricky Romaya
<something@somewhere.com> wrote:

>Recently, I have 2nd thought about selecting a i865PE mobo. I need some
>advice on which to select: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G, ECS 865PE-A, or ECS PF1
>'Photon'.
>
>The main consideration is price to value ratio (I'm on a very tight
>budget), stability, and performance, exactly in that order. I currently
>don't need FireWire and/or GBit LAN, and I don't like onboard graphic
>adapters.
>
>Plz help.
>TIA

It's quite simple, avoid ECS. The potential for problems is
higher, enough so that a few dollars saved isn't worth it,
might even cost more in the long run. Better to choose
Asus, Abit, MSI, or Gigabyte.
!