mobo advice

Recently, I have 2nd thought about selecting a i865PE mobo. I need some
advice on which to select: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G, ECS 865PE-A, or ECS PF1
'Photon'.

The main consideration is price to value ratio (I'm on a very tight
budget), stability, and performance, exactly in that order. I currently
don't need FireWire and/or GBit LAN, and I don't like onboard graphic
adapters.

Plz help.
TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about mobo advice

    Ricky Romaya wrote:

    > Recently, I have 2nd thought about selecting a i865PE mobo. I need some
    > advice on which to select: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G, ECS 865PE-A, or ECS PF1
    > 'Photon'.
    >
    > The main consideration is price to value ratio (I'm on a very tight
    > budget), stability, and performance, exactly in that order. I currently
    > don't need FireWire and/or GBit LAN, and I don't like onboard graphic
    > adapters.
    >
    > Plz help.
    > TIA

    If you're interested in looking for price to value, you should consider
    a setup with an AMD Athlon64.

    On 19 Dec 2004 18:59:36 GMT, Ricky Romaya
    <something@somewhere.com> wrote:

    >Recently, I have 2nd thought about selecting a i865PE mobo. I need some
    >advice on which to select: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G, ECS 865PE-A, or ECS PF1
    >'Photon'.
    >
    >The main consideration is price to value ratio (I'm on a very tight
    >budget), stability, and performance, exactly in that order. I currently
    >don't need FireWire and/or GBit LAN, and I don't like onboard graphic
    >adapters.
    >
    >Plz help.
    >TIA

    It's quite simple, avoid ECS. The potential for problems is
    higher, enough so that a few dollars saved isn't worth it,
    might even cost more in the long run. Better to choose
    Asus, Abit, MSI, or Gigabyte.

Homebuilt ECS Systems