Flashing green power supply light.

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 27, 2004 3:36:35 PM

The problem is the green power on light has begun to flash all the time but
system works OK. Can anyone tell me what & why it's flashing, and how to
diagnosis the issue?

System:
Intel 2.4g P4
400w power supply
Gigabyte MB GA-8PE667
1 gig ram

thanks
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
December 27, 2004 3:41:12 PM

Woodchuck wrote:
> The problem is the green power on light has begun to flash all the time but
> system works OK. Can anyone tell me what & why it's flashing, and how to
> diagnosis the issue?
>
> System:
> Intel 2.4g P4
> 400w power supply
> Gigabyte MB GA-8PE667
> 1 gig ram
>
> thanks

This may sound like a obvious ( and stupid) question, but does the
flashing coincide with hard drive activity?
December 27, 2004 4:11:31 PM

Woodchuck wrote:

> The problem is the green power on light has begun to flash all the time but
> system works OK. Can anyone tell me what & why it's flashing, and how to
> diagnosis the issue?
>
> System:
> Intel 2.4g P4
> 400w power supply
> Gigabyte MB GA-8PE667
> 1 gig ram
>
> thanks

R.T.F.M. (read the friendly manual) My manual tells me what to look for
when the power light starts flashing, but I don't have the same system
as you!
Related resources
December 27, 2004 9:04:27 PM

No.

"tomcas" <tomcas@mjwebsitedesign.com> wrote in message
news:p VXzd.16735$R82.1094@fe12.lga...
> Woodchuck wrote:
>> The problem is the green power on light has begun to flash all the time
>> but
>> system works OK. Can anyone tell me what & why it's flashing, and how to
>> diagnosis the issue?
>>
>> System:
>> Intel 2.4g P4
>> 400w power supply
>> Gigabyte MB GA-8PE667
>> 1 gig ram
>>
>> thanks
>>

> This may sound like a obvious ( and stupid) question, but does the
> flashing coincide with hard drive activity?
December 27, 2004 9:05:35 PM

I did, but so far it doesn't mention this issue.

"Dee" <dee@home.net> wrote in message
> Woodchuck wrote:
>
>> The problem is the green power on light has begun to flash all the time
>> but
>> system works OK. Can anyone tell me what & why it's flashing, and how to
>> diagnosis the issue?
>>
>> System:
>> Intel 2.4g P4
>> 400w power supply
>> Gigabyte MB GA-8PE667
>> 1 gig ram
>>
>> thanks
>>

> R.T.F.M. (read the friendly manual) My manual tells me what to look for
> when the power light starts flashing, but I don't have the same system as
> you!

December 28, 2004 2:35:22 PM

Today when it booted I heard 1 long beep and 3 short beeps. Had to reboot to
get it to work. Where can I find what it all means... and it's not in the
manual!

"Woodchuck" <stv_euroski@yahoo.comXXX> wrote in message
> The problem is the green power on light has begun to flash all the time
> but
> system works OK. Can anyone tell me what & why it's flashing, and how to
> diagnosis the issue?
>
> System:
> Intel 2.4g P4
> 400w power supply
> Gigabyte MB GA-8PE667
> 1 gig ram
>
> thanks

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
December 29, 2004 5:50:56 AM

memory failure

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:35:22 -0500, "Woodchuck"
<stv_euroski@yahoo.comXXX> wrote:

>Today when it booted I heard 1 long beep and 3 short beeps. Had to reboot to
>get it to work. Where can I find what it all means... and it's not in the
>manual!
>
>"Woodchuck" <stv_euroski@yahoo.comXXX> wrote in message
>> The problem is the green power on light has begun to flash all the time
>> but
>> system works OK. Can anyone tell me what & why it's flashing, and how to
>> diagnosis the issue?
>>
>> System:
>> Intel 2.4g P4
>> 400w power supply