nec dvd writer prices

Robert

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

looking at the new model ND-3520A and find that its selling £10 cheaper than
the old ND-3500A any one help on this
Also has this any known faults overthe pioneer which i was looking at before
i seen the new nec model
thanks

"Robert" <robertbailey@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> looking at the new model ND-3520A and find that its selling £10 cheaper
than
> the old ND-3500A any one help on this
> Also has this any known faults overthe pioneer which i was looking at
before
> i seen the new nec model
> thanks

Which Pioneer model?

Robert

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

Sorry 108
"jacoby" <jacobykjh@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Robert" <robertbailey@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> looking at the new model ND-3520A and find that its selling £10 cheaper
> than
>> the old ND-3500A any one help on this
>> Also has this any known faults overthe pioneer which i was looking at
> before
>> i seen the new nec model
>> thanks
>>

> Which Pioneer model?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

The Pioneer 108 can only perform bitsetting on DVD+R DL media and the cdr
burns are slow. The importance of that is determined by the buyer. The 3520
is new to the US. Not even listed on the NEC North American web sites as it
is on the UK site.
However it is available for sale here. Just a few $ more than the 3500. NEC
has long been an oem supplier. Perhaps the pricing strategy indicates an
effort to grab retail market share. It also indicates that the 3520 is a
replacement for the 3500 and not being sold as an upgrade. I have not been
able to find any reviews on the 3520. I am shopping for a DVD rw and was
settling in on the 3500. But I may wait until more info becomes available on
the 3520.

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:02:05 -0700, "jacoby" <jacobykjh@comcast.net>
wrote:

>The Pioneer 108 can only perform bitsetting on DVD+R DL media and the cdr
>burns are slow

Is two minutes for 700meg considered slow now? Blimey.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
What part of
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"