AS8 usb 2.0 not working

Andrew

I just installed the AS8 on my system and the USB sockets all are running at
1.1. Anytime I insert a 2.0 thumb drive or external hard drive, a balloon
pops up saying, "This device can perform faster... The USB Device can
perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port".

So I insert the install CD, and when I click on USB2.0 it says to download
and install SP1. I have SP2 installed.

I right clicked on each individual port and updated the drivers, which it
did successfully, but didn't solve the problem.

I also checked the website here for a driver but found nothing.

Do I need to change something in the bios? Anyone have an idea as to how to
get the ports running at full speed?

System:
3.2 Pentium 4
AS8 Motherboard
1 Gig Ram
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
Win XP SP2

Thanks!

Dee

andrew wrote:

> I just installed the AS8 on my system and the USB sockets all are running at
> 1.1. Anytime I insert a 2.0 thumb drive or external hard drive, a balloon
> pops up saying, "This device can perform faster... The USB Device can
> perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port".
>
> So I insert the install CD, and when I click on USB2.0 it says to download
> and install SP1. I have SP2 installed.
>
> I right clicked on each individual port and updated the drivers, which it
> did successfully, but didn't solve the problem.
>
> I also checked the website here for a driver but found nothing.
>
> Do I need to change something in the bios? Anyone have an idea as to how to
> get the ports running at full speed?
>
> System:
> 3.2 Pentium 4
> AS8 Motherboard
> 1 Gig Ram
> ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
> Win XP SP2
>
> Thanks!

The first thing is check your BIOS settings and ensure "USB 2.0
Controller" is enabled.

Do you have other USB items attached to your computer? If you have any
USB 1.1 items, like a memory card reader, attached, the channel it is
attached to will drop to USB 1.1. This could affect all USB ports
depending on how the MB is wired.