motherboard erratic & possibly mouse

Ace

Hi all

I am getting an intermittent problem with selecting or typing under windows
2000/sp4.

The keyboard seems to do the opposite of what i type and sometimes goes into
caps mode and other times it works fine, then the keys do not work with the
correspondin letters the way they should. I have changed the keyboard for a
new one and still the same problem.

Also, at the same time the Logitech MX700, when selecting say My Computer
starts to select a collection of icons of its own accord and again randomn
behaviour ensues.

the keyboard is a compaq KB-9860, 105 keys

Any help , much appreciated. ( the driver for the keyboard being used is the
"Standard 101/102 key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 keyboard" driver, this has
worked fine for many years)

Regards
Adam Harris

martin

ace wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am getting an intermittent problem with selecting or typing under
> windows 2000/sp4.
>
> The keyboard seems to do the opposite of what i type and sometimes
> goes into caps mode and other times it works fine, then the keys do
> not work with the correspondin letters the way they should. I have
> changed the keyboard for a new one and still the same problem.
>
> Also, at the same time the Logitech MX700, when selecting say My
> Computer starts to select a collection of icons of its own accord and
> again randomn behaviour ensues.
>
> the keyboard is a compaq KB-9860, 105 keys
>
> Any help , much appreciated. ( the driver for the keyboard being used
> is the "Standard 101/102 key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 keyboard"
> driver, this has worked fine for many years)
>
> Regards
> Adam Harris

Something to do with the bluetooth connection on your MX700 I think. Could
there be interference from something in the vicinity?

Martin

Kent_Diego

> The keyboard seems to do the opposite of what i type and sometimes goes
into
> caps mode and other times it works fine, then the keys do not work with
the
> correspondin letters the way they should. I have changed the keyboard for
> new one and still the same problem.
>
> Also, at the same time the Logitech MX700, when selecting say My Computer
> starts to select a collection of icons of its own accord and again randomn
> behaviour ensues.

I have heard of similar problems caused by Windows speech recognition
software, random letters. Do you have MS Office and a microphone?

Could you have got 0wned by a HaXor, meaning someone installed a backdoor
program and is having fun. Does the CD tray ever open?

Ace

"Kent_Diego" <None@Nomicrosoft.com> wrote in message

> > The keyboard seems to do the opposite of what i type and sometimes goes
> into
> > caps mode and other times it works fine, then the keys do not work with
> the
> > correspondin letters the way they should. I have changed the keyboard
for
> > new one and still the same problem.
> >
> > Also, at the same time the Logitech MX700, when selecting say My
Computer
> > starts to select a collection of icons of its own accord and again
randomn
> > behaviour ensues.
> >

> I have heard of similar problems caused by Windows speech recognition
> software, random letters. Do you have MS Office and a microphone?
>
> Could you have got 0wned by a HaXor, meaning someone installed a backdoor
> program and is having fun. Does the CD tray ever open?

Do not have a microphone connected, have MS office and there is no speech
recognition software. Iread a post about the Speech setting in Win XP but i
do not have this in win "K.

The mouse is generally not the problem, the keyboard is the main issue as it
drives me up the wall, cannot do any work.

Interference, ehm.... i do not have any other bluetooth or wireless deivces,
the receiver for the mouse is a few centimeteres away.

Regards
Ace