Comparing an AMD to an Intel...

Hello Group, I'm wondering how an AMD Athlon xp2500 chip compares with an
Intel p4 2.2 Ghz.

Are they similar in processing speed????

Wondering??? As a friend received one for Christmas and he currently has an
Intel p4-2.2 Ghz machine.

Starz_Kid...
4 answers Last reply
More about comparing intel

    On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:41:40 -0500, "Starz_Kid"
    <Starz_Kid@anon.org> wrote:

    >Hello Group, I'm wondering how an AMD Athlon xp2500 chip compares with an
    >Intel p4 2.2 Ghz.
    >
    >Are they similar in processing speed????

    Somewhat.
    The Athlon is faster at just about anything but video
    editing and a few few other SSE3 optimized apps, and MUCH
    faster at older software.

    >Wondering??? As a friend received one for Christmas and he currently has an
    >Intel p4-2.2 Ghz machine.
    >
    >Starz_Kid...

    It's not as though it'd be a huge upgrade, one might
    consider if the swapping parts, installing or reconfiguring
    OS, etc, are worthwhile. On the other hand if the boxes are
    potentially overclockable, put the horses at the gate and
    start the race...

    "Starz_Kid" <Starz_Kid@anon.org> wrote...
    > Hello Group, I'm wondering how an AMD Athlon xp2500 chip compares with an
    > Intel p4 2.2 Ghz.
    >
    > Are they similar in processing speed????

    Yes.

    You can fire up your benchmark of choice, or actually run and time some software
    routines of your own. If you can't tell much difference, it doesn't matter!

    Starz_Kid:

    > I'm wondering how an AMD Athlon xp2500 chip compares with an
    > Intel p4 2.2 Ghz.
    >
    > Are they similar in processing speed????
    >
    > Wondering??? As a friend received one for Christmas and he currently
    > has an Intel p4-2.2 Ghz machine.

    They are similiar enough that it would be a waste of time and money to
    upgrade, IMHO.
    --
    Mac Cool

    wrote:

    >Hello Group, I'm wondering how an AMD Athlon xp2500 chip compares with an
    >Intel p4 2.2 Ghz.
    >
    >Are they similar in processing speed????

    average processing speed in real clock per clock:
    on my site under comp/benches 2nd "new" link ..
    --
    Regards & Happy New Year Everyone, SPAJKY ®
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

Homebuilt Hardware Intel AMD Systems