ics win98/winxp

I have the following equipment and problem.
main computer is running WIN XP SE andis connected to a linksys WRT54G via a
linksys LNE100TX lan card.
the xp machine has an internal modem (only dialup is avalable at my place)
my second machine is a win 98SE with a linksys WUSB54G.
I have enabled ics in both computers and have an icon in the lower left
screen on the WIN98SE machine . when I right click on the symbol it opens a
window that says enable it causes the modem in the WIN XP machine to dial
out but it does not connect to anything and then it fails. any help will be
appreciated.
thanks mike

Try:

1. Uninstall ICS on the Win98 machine.

2. Make sure DHCP is disabled on the WRT54G.

3. Make sure the XP machine is not connected to the Internet port on the
WRT54G.

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP