error message at boot up

I have old computer tha I thought would be good for kids writing up homework
etc. on setting it up, it now stops during boot at keyboard error or no
keyboard present, I'm not a wizz with computers anyboby help please.

BOAKMrtnBk wrote:

> I have old computer tha I thought would be good for kids writing up homework
> etc. on setting it up, it now stops during boot at keyboard error or no
> keyboard present, I'm not a wizz with computers anyboby help please.

I'm afraid this is one of those rare instances where the computer is
putting it plain. Either your keyboard is not plugged in properly or you
have a hardware problem; and that could be a bad/loose keyboard
connector/cable, or a dead keyboard, or a problem with the keyboard input
on the motherboard.

If you are using a wireless keyboard and mouse, try connecting a regular
keyboard. It may then go through the boot-up process. I am using a logitech
wireless combo and every once in a while I get this message.

"BOAKMrtnBk" <boakmrtnbk@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have old computer tha I thought would be good for kids writing up
homework
> etc. on setting it up, it now stops during boot at keyboard error or no
> keyboard present, I'm not a wizz with computers anyboby help please.

TRENDING THREADS