Power

I have a system here that was running fine but then it started acting up and
freezing up pretty bad now when I turn the power on to boot up it wont do
anything. The power button comes on but that is the only thing that does.
The fan on the power supply is not coming on and no other lights are coming
on i.e. CD or floppy lights. Nothing is coming on except the power button
light. anyone got any ideas what would cause this?
2 answers Last reply
More about power

    It sounds like your power supply unit died.

    --
    DaveW

    "Jeff Houston" <hous6751@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I have a system here that was running fine but then it started acting up
    >and
    > freezing up pretty bad now when I turn the power on to boot up it wont do
    > anything. The power button comes on but that is the only thing that does.
    > The fan on the power supply is not coming on and no other lights are
    > coming
    > on i.e. CD or floppy lights. Nothing is coming on except the power button
    > light. anyone got any ideas what would cause this?

    "Jeff Houston" <hous6751@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I have a system here that was running fine but then it started acting up
    >and
    > freezing up pretty bad now when I turn the power on to boot up it wont do
    > anything. The power button comes on but that is the only thing that does.
    > The fan on the power supply is not coming on and no other lights are
    > coming
    > on i.e. CD or floppy lights. Nothing is coming on except the power button
    > light. anyone got any ideas what would cause this?

    Sure sounds like a bad power supply to me.
    JPS

Homebuilt Light Power Systems