M7NCD Pro and AMD 2500 XP Problem

I built my computer a year ago and everything was working fine till
today when I tried to over clock my computer, saved the BIOS settings
and since then, I'm getting continuous beeps with same intervals.

Here is my system configuration:

CPU: AMD Athlon 2500 XP
Mobo: Biostar M7NCD Pro
RAM: KByte 512MB PC3200

I've tried to reset the BIOS through CMOS jumper and by taking the
battery off for more than an hour, didn't work. I've also tried to
take off the RAM and insert it again, same nothing happened. I'm
continuously getting this beep before the POST process as soon as I
turn PC on.

Please let me know if anyone has any suggested solution to this problem.
4 answers Last reply
More about m7ncd 2500 problem

    Are you removing the ATX power cable from the motherboard, or unplugging the
    power supply when trying to reset the CMOS. If not, try that.

    If your RAM is 2 X 256 MB, remove one DIMM.

    Fitz

    On 16 Jan 2005 23:48:46 -0800, mohsin.nadeem@gmail.com
    wrote:

    >I built my computer a year ago and everything was working fine till
    >today when I tried to over clock my computer, saved the BIOS settings
    >and since then, I'm getting continuous beeps with same intervals.
    >
    >Here is my system configuration:
    >
    >CPU: AMD Athlon 2500 XP
    >Mobo: Biostar M7NCD Pro
    >RAM: KByte 512MB PC3200
    >
    >I've tried to reset the BIOS through CMOS jumper and by taking the
    >battery off for more than an hour, didn't work. I've also tried to
    >take off the RAM and insert it again, same nothing happened. I'm
    >continuously getting this beep before the POST process as soon as I
    >turn PC on.
    >
    >Please let me know if anyone has any suggested solution to this problem.

    IN addition to what Fitz mentioned, making sure AC power is
    removed, also try the (JCLK?) jumper next to the Super I/O
    chip (to the left of the northbridge).

    Also there might be a keyboard key you can hold in, keep
    held in for a few (~4) seconds while turning on the system
    to load defaults, perhaps it's the Insert, Delete, or Home
    key.

    Additionally, nForce2 boards seem more prone to bios
    corruption when overclocking, in some cases it is necessary
    to reflash the EEPROM... which of course can't be done with
    that system unless it tries to boot to floppy still.

    Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

    I got another 256MB PC2700 RAM, and replaced it with my current Kbyte
    512MB PC3200, and it worked on very next boot. After that, I plugged in
    512MB, and it worked fine.

    I don't know why, this mobo doesn't boots on 512MB PC3200 RAM if
    you are messing with BIOS to do overclocking stuff. Now I do remember
    it did the same thing when I built my system a year ago, I borrowed RAM
    from a friend, and it worked.

    So guys, here are the stable settings I came up with after overclocking
    and many CPU stress tests:

    CPU: AMD Athlon 2500+XP
    Mobo: Biostar M7NCD Pro 1.1
    RAM: Kbyte 512MB PC3200
    Multiplyer: 11
    FSB: 200 MHz
    Memory timmings: 6 - 3 - 3
    CAS Latency: 2.5

    Now this baby is running at 2.2 GHz and Windows displays it as AMD
    3200+ :)

    Again, thanks for your help.

    On 18 Jan 2005 13:07:28 -0800, mohsin.nadeem@gmail.com
    wrote:

    >Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.
    >
    >I got another 256MB PC2700 RAM, and replaced it with my current Kbyte
    >512MB PC3200, and it worked on very next boot. After that, I plugged in
    >512MB, and it worked fine.
    >
    >I don't know why, this mobo doesn't boots on 512MB PC3200 RAM if
    >you are messing with BIOS to do overclocking stuff. Now I do remember
    >it did the same thing when I built my system a year ago, I borrowed RAM
    >from a friend, and it worked.
    >
    >So guys, here are the stable settings I came up with after overclocking
    >and many CPU stress tests:
    >
    >CPU: AMD Athlon 2500+XP
    >Mobo: Biostar M7NCD Pro 1.1
    >RAM: Kbyte 512MB PC3200
    >Multiplyer: 11
    >FSB: 200 MHz
    >Memory timmings: 6 - 3 - 3
    >CAS Latency: 2.5
    >
    >Now this baby is running at 2.2 GHz and Windows displays it as AMD
    >3200+ :)
    >
    >Again, thanks for your help.

    I have an M7NCG, which is the mATX version of that board but
    also with the integral video. An odd quirk that I noticed
    is that it is MORE stable with memory set to CAS2.5 than to
    CAS3, even with CAS3 memory, even overclocked. This was
    with multiple memory modules tried. I began to suspect that
    the bios had somehow reversed the text strings for "CAS2.5"
    and "CAS3", such that when set to CAS3 it was actually
    running at 2.5, and vice-versa. Seems like I meant to
    further investigate that but got pulled away on something
    else, then didn't care to find out so long as it remained
    error-free.

Homebuilt Systems