Computer parts

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

Hi where's the UK cheapest on-line computer components stores please.
Regards
Spoon

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

BigBird wrote:
> "magicspoons" <magicspoons@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hi where's the UK cheapest on-line computer components stores
please.
> > Regards
> > Spoon
> Please don't crosspost to unrelated groups you Spoon

Yeah, coz building PCs yourself has nothing to with components, has it,
you bird.

In answer to the OP, eBuyer are good, also try Scan (esp. their daily
specials). But it varies from item to item. Sometime Amazon is good for
peripherals. Crucial are usually a safe bet for memory, if only because
they have no shipping charge. The shipping costs will often distort the
costs. Or you could try eBay...

"BigBird" <bigbird@int.net> wrote in message

> Please don't crosspost to unrelated groups you Spoon

lol...interesting insult, spoon.

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:44:27 GMT, "magicspoons" <magicspoons@nospamntlworld.com>
wrote:

>Hi where's the UK cheapest on-line computer components stores please.
>Regards
>Spoon

You will have problems with the so-called "cheapest" on-line stores.
Try www.cpc.co.uk not the cheapest but you won't lose your money.

martin

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

"magicspoons" <magicspoons@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi where's the UK cheapest on-line computer components stores please.
> Regards
> Spoon

Why not spend a few pounds on the latest issue of Computer Shopper (or any
similar pc magazine) and scan all the adverts?

You'll get a good up-to-date idea of the current market and loads of
possible websites to visit.

Martin.

"Martin" <zedolf@o2.co.uk> wrote in message

> "magicspoons" <magicspoons@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi where's the UK cheapest on-line computer components stores please.
>> Regards
>> Spoon
>>

> Why not spend a few pounds on the latest issue of Computer Shopper (or any
> similar pc magazine) and scan all the adverts?
>
> You'll get a good up-to-date idea of the current market and loads of
> possible websites to visit.
>
> Martin.

I would love to be able just wander down to the newsagents a buy a copy of
Computer Shopper, but being disabled I have to rely on other people to do my
shopping, that's why I shop online.

> "Martin" <zedolf@o2.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "magicspoons" <magicspoons@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi where's the UK cheapest on-line computer components stores please.
>>> Regards
>>> Spoon
>>>

>> Why not spend a few pounds on the latest issue of Computer Shopper (or
>> any similar pc magazine) and scan all the adverts?
>>
>> You'll get a good up-to-date idea of the current market and loads of
>> possible websites to visit.
>>
>> Martin.
>>
> I would love to be able just wander down to the newsagents a buy a copy
> of Computer Shopper, but being disabled I have to rely on other people to
> do my shopping, that's why I shop online.

it really depends what sort of components you are after. For quality
performance/overclocking stuff try www.overclockers.co.uk

In article <fM5Hd.40$jw1.10@newsfe5-win.ntli.net>, "magicspoons"
magicspoons@nospamntlworld.com says...
> Hi where's the UK cheapest on-line computer components stores please.

Generally http://www.ebuyer.co.uk are pretty cheap, but their service
is apparently lacking if you need to return anything.
Other places to look - Aria, Komplett, CCL, Overclockers

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

> Hi where's the UK cheapest on-line computer components stores please.
> Regards
> Spoon

I have generally use:

Scan http://www.scan.co.uk/ (can be slow to deliver but otherwise good
service)

Planet Micro http://www.planetmicro.co.uk/default.asp (very quick)

Micro Direct http://www.microdirect.co.uk/home.aspx (very quick)

I have read too many stories about ebuyer, but they do appear to be the
cheapest.

Adam S

magicspoons@nospamntlworld.com, a.k.a magicspoons says...

> Hi where's the UK cheapest on-line computer components stores please

Try also asking in uk.comp.vendors, a group dedicated to the
'challenge' of buying from online suppliers.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

"magicspoons" <magicspoons@nospamntlworld.com> Kissed me, Licked me,
then left me a note:

>Hi where's the UK cheapest on-line computer components stores please.

I use a combination of:

www.komplett.co.uk
www.stak.com
www.ebuyer.co.uk
and occasionally www.bigpockets.co.uk

Ebuyer haven't let me down, but many people do get let down by them,
stak.com is worth looking for their sunday specials and lunchtime
offers though! :D

--
Was work really this fun in 2004?!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

"magicspoons" <magicspoons@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message

> I would love to be able just wander down to the newsagents a buy a copy
of
> Computer Shopper, but being disabled I have to rely on other people to do
my
> shopping, that's why I shop online.

Erm.. couldn't they pick up a copy for you then?

"Kav" <kavty@kavtynet.net> wrote in message

> "magicspoons" <magicspoons@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message
>
> > I would love to be able just wander down to the newsagents a buy a copy
> of
> > Computer Shopper, but being disabled I have to rely on other people to
do
> my
> > shopping, that's why I shop online.
> >

> Erm.. couldn't they pick up a copy for you then?

Ah, you said online to begin with.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

> Generally http://www.ebuyer.co.uk are pretty cheap, but their service

Most of them are...

www.dabs.com whilst sometimes not the cheapest are often down there at the
bottom.

I've found www.pcnextday.co.uk are also pretty competitive.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

magicspoons <magicspoons@nospamntlworld.com> wrote:

> Hi where's the UK cheapest on-line computer components stores please.

www.dabs.com - isn't bad, in my experience.

Phil.