Problems with my Pioneer DVR-108

I bought a Pioneer DVR-108 and I dont think its working 100%. I can
burn a 4GB DVD in 30 min at 4x, 30 min at 8x, and 30 min at 12x using
the following media: Maxell 4x discs, Memorex 8x Discs, BenQ 8x discs,
and Sony 8x Discs which also burn at 12x. I am using Nero 6.6 and I
have a P4 3.2ghz machine with 1GB ram. I am wondering if the burner
is partially defective since I have tried different brands of media
and have the same problem with all of them. I have even upgraded the
firmware on thr burner, Any ideas??
Thanks

DrHibbert
3 answers Last reply
More about problems pioneer

    "DrHibbert" <DrHibbert@webwarriors.ca> wrote in message
    >I bought a Pioneer DVR-108 and I dont think its working 100%. I can
    > burn a 4GB DVD in 30 min at 4x, 30 min at 8x, and 30 min at 12x using
    > the following media: Maxell 4x discs, Memorex 8x Discs, BenQ 8x discs,
    > and Sony 8x Discs which also burn at 12x. I am using Nero 6.6 and I
    > have a P4 3.2ghz machine with 1GB ram. I am wondering if the burner
    > is partially defective since I have tried different brands of media
    > and have the same problem with all of them. I have even upgraded the
    > firmware on thr burner, Any ideas??
    > Thanks
    >
    > DrHibbert

    What DMA mode is it working in?

    SteveH

    Its running on Ultra DMA Mode 5

    DrHibbert

    >>What DMA mode is it working in?
    >>
    >>SteveH
    >>
    > Its running on Ultra DMA Mode 5
    >
    > DrHibbert

    Both my dvd and cd burners run at dma2 (dma33) and burn at the correct
    speeds.
    I suspect your Pioneer wants it's DMA mode changing.

    HTH
    SteveH

Homebuilt Pioneer Burner DVR Systems