Cannot see other computers on Network

I have a Linksys wireless network with two desktops and a laptop, all with
wireless cards. The Win XP desktop can see the laptop and 98 desktop. The
laptop cannot see anything. The WIN 98 desktop can only see the WIn XP
desktop but cannot access it. Here is the configurations:

WIN XP Pro Desktop
IP Address=192.168.1.103
Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway = 192.168.1.1

Desktop cannot ping laptop
Desktop can ping WIN 98 desktop

WIN XP Pro Laptop
IP Address = 192.168.1.101
Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0

Laptop can ping WIN XP Desktop
Cannot see other computers from laptop
Laptop can ping WIN 98 desktop

WIN 98 Desktop
IP Address = 192.168.1.104
Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0

WIN 98 desktop can see WIN XP Desktop but it asks for a password to browse
Cannot see laptop Can ping WIN XP desktop and laptop

All systems have file and print sharing enabled

I need to be able to have my laptop access both the desktops and printer. I
am new to Windows wireless networking but have a lot of expertise on Novell
Networks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sue
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot computers network

    Try:

    1. On the XP Pro machines create a user account with the same name and
    password used to log onto the Win98 machine. If you do not use a password
    to log onto the Win98 machine, create one. If you use Family logon for
    Win98, get rid of it. Make Client for Microsoft networks your primary
    logon.

    2. On the laptop right click on the wireless Local Area Connection and
    select Properties. Highlight TCP/IP and click the Properties button. Click
    the Advanced button - WINS tab. Make sure that NetBIOS over TCP/IP is
    Enabled.

    3. On the laptop, if you are using SP2, make sure the exception for file
    and printer sharing is enabled on the firewall. If you are pre SP2, disable
    the firewall.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "Sue R" <Sue R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Linksys wireless network with two desktops and a laptop, all with
    > wireless cards. The Win XP desktop can see the laptop and 98 desktop. The
    > laptop cannot see anything. The WIN 98 desktop can only see the WIn XP
    > desktop but cannot access it. Here is the configurations:
    >
    > WIN XP Pro Desktop
    > IP Address=192.168.1.103
    > Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0
    > Default Gateway = 192.168.1.1
    >
    > Desktop cannot ping laptop
    > Desktop can ping WIN 98 desktop
    >
    > WIN XP Pro Laptop
    > IP Address = 192.168.1.101
    > Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0
    > Default Gateway = 192.168.1.1
    >
    > Laptop can ping WIN XP Desktop
    > Cannot see other computers from laptop
    > Laptop can ping WIN 98 desktop
    >
    > WIN 98 Desktop
    > IP Address = 192.168.1.104
    > Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0
    > Default Gateway = 192.168.1.1
    >
    > WIN 98 desktop can see WIN XP Desktop but it asks for a password to browse
    > Cannot see laptop Can ping WIN XP desktop and laptop
    >
    > All systems have file and print sharing enabled
    >
    > I need to be able to have my laptop access both the desktops and printer.
    > am new to Windows wireless networking but have a lot of expertise on
    Novell
    > Networks.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Sue

Laptops Desktops Windows XP Wireless Networking