Good graphics behavior

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.ibm.pc.hardware (More info?)

I recently built a new P4 system using an Intel D915GEV motherboard and
an ATI Radeon RX300 SE-Guru video card. My monitor is a ViewSonic A91f+
which I've have since the summer. I installed the provide drivers for
Windows XP Pro and Windows update noticed an update. I am also using
DirectX 9. My screen resolution is 1280x1024 with 32 bit colour at 75
Hz. I am noticing some odd behavior. When every programme is
minimized, the right and left sides of the graphics image background are
straight. But when a window is opened, both sides bow in. The window's
left and right edges also bow inward, even worse than the background.
If I move the window to be over the left or right edge of the
background, the edges are not true. This is most odd. Any clues what
could be causing it? Any fixes?

Thanks.

"no one" <noone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I recently built a new P4 system using an Intel D915GEV motherboard and
> an ATI Radeon RX300 SE-Guru video card. My monitor is a ViewSonic A91f+
> which I've have since the summer. I installed the provide drivers for
> Windows XP Pro and Windows update noticed an update. I am also using
> DirectX 9. My screen resolution is 1280x1024 with 32 bit colour at 75
> Hz. I am noticing some odd behavior. When every programme is
> minimized, the right and left sides of the graphics image background are
> straight. But when a window is opened, both sides bow in. The window's
> left and right edges also bow inward, even worse than the background.
> If I move the window to be over the left or right edge of the
> background, the edges are not true. This is most odd. Any clues what
> could be causing it? Any fixes?
>
> Thanks.

Your monitor should be able to fix this problem with your help, my monitor
can make those lines straight..

--
William

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.ibm.pc.hardware (More info?)

Did you install the updated motherboard drivers from Intel?
You can get the latest updates for the board by entering the
model on www.intel.com

ViewSonic should have a manual on how to adjust the monitor
settings, perhaps using controls on the monitor or using
software.
User guide link
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/crtmonitors/aseries/a91f/

CRTs always have more distortion at the edges because the
electron gun has to track and compensate unless the screen
is curved to keep a perfectly exact same distance from gun
to all screen pixels, also there is a gun for each color and
they can't be in exactly the same location either.

"no one" <noone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
|I recently built a new P4 system using an Intel D915GEV
motherboard and
| an ATI Radeon RX300 SE-Guru video card. My monitor is a
ViewSonic A91f+
| which I've have since the summer. I installed the provide
drivers for
| Windows XP Pro and Windows update noticed an update. I am
also using
| DirectX 9. My screen resolution is 1280x1024 with 32 bit
colour at 75
| Hz. I am noticing some odd behavior. When every
programme is
| minimized, the right and left sides of the graphics image
background are
| straight. But when a window is opened, both sides bow in.
The window's
| left and right edges also bow inward, even worse than the
background.
| If I move the window to be over the left or right edge of
the
| background, the edges are not true. This is most odd.
Any clues what
| could be causing it? Any fixes?
|
| Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.ibm.pc.hardware (More info?)

I stand corrected, all are bowing the same.

no one wrote:

> I recently built a new P4 system using an Intel D915GEV motherboard and
> an ATI Radeon RX300 SE-Guru video card. My monitor is a ViewSonic A91f+
> which I've have since the summer. I installed the provide drivers for
> Windows XP Pro and Windows update noticed an update. I am also using
> DirectX 9. My screen resolution is 1280x1024 with 32 bit colour at 75
> Hz. I am noticing some odd behavior. When every programme is
> minimized, the right and left sides of the graphics image background are
> straight. But when a window is opened, both sides bow in. The window's
> left and right edges also bow inward, even worse than the background.
> If I move the window to be over the left or right edge of the
> background, the edges are not true. This is most odd. Any clues what
> could be causing it? Any fixes?
>
> Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.ibm.pc.hardware (More info?)

I stand corrected. All are bowing equally.