Epson printing progress feature - where's it gone?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 21, 2004 8:21:53 PM

Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded to Windows XP.
(His old hard drive is now the slave = D, new one the active one on which is
windows = C)
His printer still prints ok but now he doesn't see that useful icon during
printing
showing printing progress including amount remaining in black and colored
printer ink reservoirs.
The printer is an Epsom Stylus if that's relevant.
Any advice how he can find/get back that useful printing progress window?
Thanks.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 10:11:15 PM

Anyone?
---------
"Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded to Windows XP.
> (His old hard drive is now the slave = D, new one the active one on which
is
> windows = C)
> His printer still prints ok but now he doesn't see that useful icon during
> printing
> showing printing progress including amount remaining in black and colored
> printer ink reservoirs.
> The printer is an Epsom Stylus if that's relevant.
> Any advice how he can find/get back that useful printing progress window?
> Thanks.

August 22, 2004 12:18:17 AM

"Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded to Windows XP.
> (His old hard drive is now the slave = D, new one the active one on which
is
> windows = C)
Did he install Epson Status Monitor (making certain that the version is the
one for XP) on the new system? That is what prints the info.
The status monitor works quite well on my XP system.
Jim
August 22, 2004 4:01:35 PM

"Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:D 6OVc.3260$9O.883@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com...

> "Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded to Windows XP.
> > (His old hard drive is now the slave = D, new one the active one on
which
> is
> > windows = C)
> Did he install Epson Status Monitor (making certain that the version is
the
> one for XP) on the new system? That is what prints the info.
> The status monitor works quite well on my XP system.
> Jim
---------------
Thanks for that Jim.
Not sure util I speak with him again but I suspect e has just allowed XP to
choose appropriate drivers etc.
If he re-installs his printer software do you think that will do the
job?...of course it'll be a CD of a few years old so won't be an XP version
?
Thanks
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 4:18:22 AM

Dave Stockdale wrote:
> "Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:D 6OVc.3260$9O.883@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com...
>
>>"Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded to Windows XP.
>>>(His old hard drive is now the slave = D, new one the active one on
>>
> which
>
>>is
>>
>>>windows = C)
>>
>>Did he install Epson Status Monitor (making certain that the version is
>
> the
>
>>one for XP) on the new system? That is what prints the info.
>>The status monitor works quite well on my XP system.
>>Jim
>
> ---------------
> Thanks for that Jim.
> Not sure util I speak with him again but I suspect e has just allowed XP to
> choose appropriate drivers etc.
> If he re-installs his printer software do you think that will do the
> job?...of course it'll be a CD of a few years old so won't be an XP version
> ?
> Thanks

You can download Epson Status Monitor for Xp from Epson's Website.
As Jim advised, I'm pretty sure that is the problem.
Bob Williams
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 3:11:20 PM

"Bob Williams" <mytbobnospam@cox.net> wrote in message

> Dave Stockdale wrote:
> > "Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > news:D 6OVc.3260$9O.883@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com...
> >
> >>"Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> > which
> >
> >>is

> >>Did he install Epson Status Monitor (making certain that the version is
> >
> > the
> >
> >>one for XP) on the new system? That is what prints the info.
> >>The status monitor works quite well on my XP system.
> >>Jim
> >
> > ---------------
> > Thanks for that Jim.
> > Not sure util I speak with him again but I suspect e has just allowed XP
> > choose appropriate drivers etc.
> > If he re-installs his printer software do you think that will do the
> > job?...of course it'll be a CD of a few years old so won't be an XP
version
> > ?
> > Thanks
> >

> You can download Epson Status Monitor for Xp from Epson's Website.
> As Jim advised, I'm pretty sure that is the problem.
> Bob Williams
-------
Excellent. TVM
August 23, 2004 11:29:53 PM

> ---------------
> Thanks for that Jim.
> Not sure util I speak with him again but I suspect e has just allowed XP
> choose appropriate drivers etc.
> If he re-installs his printer software do you think that will do the
> job?...of course it'll be a CD of a few years old so won't be an XP
version
> ?
> Thanks
No, the status monitor is a separate download. It is a bit confusing
because the installation CD loads both the driver and the status monitor.
Thus many people don't realize that you need to download both to get the
full software package.
Jim
!