Epson printing progress feature - where's it gone?

Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded to Windows XP.
(His old hard drive is now the slave = D, new one the active one on which is
windows = C)
His printer still prints ok but now he doesn't see that useful icon during
printing
showing printing progress including amount remaining in black and colored
printer ink reservoirs.
The printer is an Epsom Stylus if that's relevant.
Any advice how he can find/get back that useful printing progress window?
Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about epson printing progress feature where gone

    Anyone?
    ---------
    "Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded to Windows XP.
    > (His old hard drive is now the slave = D, new one the active one on which
    is
    > windows = C)
    > His printer still prints ok but now he doesn't see that useful icon during
    > printing
    > showing printing progress including amount remaining in black and colored
    > printer ink reservoirs.
    > The printer is an Epsom Stylus if that's relevant.
    > Any advice how he can find/get back that useful printing progress window?
    > Thanks.

    "Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded to Windows XP.
    > (His old hard drive is now the slave = D, new one the active one on which
    is
    > windows = C)
    Did he install Epson Status Monitor (making certain that the version is the
    one for XP) on the new system? That is what prints the info.
    The status monitor works quite well on my XP system.
    Jim

    "Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded to Windows XP.
    > > (His old hard drive is now the slave = D, new one the active one on
    which
    > is
    > > windows = C)
    > Did he install Epson Status Monitor (making certain that the version is
    the
    > one for XP) on the new system? That is what prints the info.
    > The status monitor works quite well on my XP system.
    > Jim
    ---------------
    Thanks for that Jim.
    Not sure util I speak with him again but I suspect e has just allowed XP to
    choose appropriate drivers etc.
    If he re-installs his printer software do you think that will do the
    job?...of course it'll be a CD of a few years old so won't be an XP version
    ?
    Thanks

    Dave Stockdale wrote:
    > "Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded to Windows XP.
    >>>(His old hard drive is now the slave = D, new one the active one on
    >>
    > which
    >
    >>is
    >>
    >>>windows = C)
    >>
    >>Did he install Epson Status Monitor (making certain that the version is
    >
    > the
    >
    >>one for XP) on the new system? That is what prints the info.
    >>The status monitor works quite well on my XP system.
    >>Jim
    >
    > ---------------
    > Thanks for that Jim.
    > Not sure util I speak with him again but I suspect e has just allowed XP to
    > choose appropriate drivers etc.
    > If he re-installs his printer software do you think that will do the
    > job?...of course it'll be a CD of a few years old so won't be an XP version
    > ?
    > Thanks

    You can download Epson Status Monitor for Xp from Epson's Website.
    As Jim advised, I'm pretty sure that is the problem.
    Bob Williams

    "Bob Williams" <mytbobnospam@cox.net> wrote in message

    > Dave Stockdale wrote:
    > > "Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > > which
    > >
    > >>is

    > >>Did he install Epson Status Monitor (making certain that the version is
    > >
    > > the
    > >
    > >>one for XP) on the new system? That is what prints the info.
    > >>The status monitor works quite well on my XP system.
    > >>Jim
    > >
    > > ---------------
    > > Thanks for that Jim.
    > > Not sure util I speak with him again but I suspect e has just allowed XP
    > > choose appropriate drivers etc.
    > > If he re-installs his printer software do you think that will do the
    > > job?...of course it'll be a CD of a few years old so won't be an XP
    version
    > > ?
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > You can download Epson Status Monitor for Xp from Epson's Website.
    > As Jim advised, I'm pretty sure that is the problem.
    > Bob Williams
    -------
    Excellent. TVM

    > ---------------
    > Thanks for that Jim.
    > Not sure util I speak with him again but I suspect e has just allowed XP
    > choose appropriate drivers etc.
    > If he re-installs his printer software do you think that will do the
    > job?...of course it'll be a CD of a few years old so won't be an XP
    version
    > ?
    > Thanks
    No, the status monitor is a separate download. It is a bit confusing
    because the installation CD loads both the driver and the status monitor.
    Thus many people don't realize that you need to download both to get the
    full software package.
    Jim

Printers Epson Hard Drives Peripherals