Making copies of windows 7 ?

johnnyq8

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
first i want to know is it possible to make copies of windows 7 original cd i wouldnt make any illegal thing the reason why i want to copy the original cd is that my friends ask me to because here in kuwait the prices in the stores are extremely high they want me to copy my OS as untouched cd so they can install it and they will buy a license online i wont sell them the copies its going to be free but they will have to pay online to get a licence so can i coby the cd or the cd have some technology to prevent copying ? thats the first question the second one is my OS oem version
1- i couldnt find the word of OEM any where in the cd or the cd folder
2- my OS comes with 2 CD's 32-64 bit

arges86

Distinguished
To the best of my knowledge there is no copy protection on the disks.
You can make copies (why bother copy-protecting the disk when u need an individual key to install anyway)

If you open My Computer, right click anywhere thats white, and click properties.
it should say OEM somwhere on that screen if its that particular version

As you hve both CDs it is not an OEM version. I'm not sure about the legality of what you propose to do; in any case, be very careful about buying licences online. Unless you buy direct from Microsoft or one of their authorized resellers (one who Microsoft say is authorized, not just one who claims to be) you are just throwing your money away.

johnnyq8

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
ok guys now i know that my version is not oem but can i make fresh copies of my cd so my friends can make fresh install and they will buy the licence through microsoft server ?

You shouldn't have any problem making copies or images of that CD. The reason for that is alot of IT administrators will make custom installations, and then images, for their environment. It can save you a heck of alot of time if you have alot of machines. You can give them the CD, just don't give then your key or else your key might be deactivated and you will have to buy a new license. Doesn't the military have some kinda discount for them?