Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Where To Get Drive Bay Adapters For Antec Case?

Last response: in Systems
Share
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 29, 2005 6:06:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

I have an Antec SX635BII case. It has 3 full size exposed drive bays,
but Antec only supplied two pairs of drive bay adapters. I'm talking
about those rails you screw to the sides of the drive so it will slide
in from the front and snap into place -- then by pressing on the front
tangs/ears of these adapters the drive is released so it slids out the
front.

I have two different styles from other cases. The two are different
and neither works in the Antec case, so apparently these are custom
made for each case design. The Antec drive bays don't provide for
screwing the drive in place so I have to have another pair to use the
third bay. The drive has to be installed by next Tuesday morning.
There's not enough time to order some from Antec and I won't have a
chance to install it after Sunday night anyway. Who carries these
things? That is, where can I get a pair this weekend.

jim
January 29, 2005 10:12:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

jim evans wrote:

> I have an Antec SX635BII case. It has 3 full size exposed drive bays,
> but Antec only supplied two pairs of drive bay adapters. I'm talking
> about those rails you screw to the sides of the drive so it will slide
> in from the front and snap into place -- then by pressing on the front
> tangs/ears of these adapters the drive is released so it slids out the
> front.
>
> I have two different styles from other cases. The two are different
> and neither works in the Antec case, so apparently these are custom
> made for each case design. The Antec drive bays don't provide for
> screwing the drive in place so I have to have another pair to use the
> third bay. The drive has to be installed by next Tuesday morning.
> There's not enough time to order some from Antec and I won't have a
> chance to install it after Sunday night anyway. Who carries these
> things? That is, where can I get a pair this weekend.
>
> jim

There are two places you should contact:

1. The place you bought the case from

2. Antec itself
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2005 2:17:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

jim evans wrote:
> I have an Antec SX635BII case. It has 3 full size exposed drive bays,
> but Antec only supplied two pairs of drive bay adapters. I'm talking
> about those rails you screw to the sides of the drive so it will slide
> in from the front and snap into place -- then by pressing on the front
> tangs/ears of these adapters the drive is released so it slids out the
> front.
>
> I have two different styles from other cases. The two are different
> and neither works in the Antec case, so apparently these are custom
> made for each case design. The Antec drive bays don't provide for
> screwing the drive in place so I have to have another pair to use the
> third bay. The drive has to be installed by next Tuesday morning.
> There's not enough time to order some from Antec and I won't have a
> chance to install it after Sunday night anyway. Who carries these
> things? That is, where can I get a pair this weekend.
>
> jim

I see you are from Houston, there are a few mod shops over there, but I
don't remember the names right now. What about Altex? Have you tried them?
High as a cat's back, but atleast in your hometown.

S
Related resources
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2005 2:19:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

jim evans wrote:
> I have an Antec SX635BII case. It has 3 full size exposed drive bays,
> but Antec only supplied two pairs of drive bay adapters. I'm talking
> about those rails you screw to the sides of the drive so it will slide
> in from the front and snap into place -- then by pressing on the front
> tangs/ears of these adapters the drive is released so it slids out the
> front.
>
> I have two different styles from other cases. The two are different
> and neither works in the Antec case, so apparently these are custom
> made for each case design. The Antec drive bays don't provide for
> screwing the drive in place so I have to have another pair to use the
> third bay. The drive has to be installed by next Tuesday morning.
> There's not enough time to order some from Antec and I won't have a
> chance to install it after Sunday night anyway. Who carries these
> things? That is, where can I get a pair this weekend.
>
> jim

Jim,

how about this????

http://www.altex.com/product_info.php?products_id=172

Shannon
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2005 2:19:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:19:50 GMT, "sbb78247" <sbb78247@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>how about this????
>
>http://www.altex.com/product_info.php?products_id=172

That's them. Thanks for the information. Unfortunately they close a
5p and I didn't see you message 'til after that, and they're closed
tomorrow. Maybe I can figure out a way to do it Monday.

jim
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2005 3:42:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:42:02 GMT, Matt <matt@themattfella.zzzz.com>
wrote:

>jim evans wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:19:50 GMT, "sbb78247" <sbb78247@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>how about this????
>>>
>>>http://www.altex.com/product_info.php?products_id=172
>>
>>
>> That's them. Thanks for the information.
>
>Amazing.

Wasn't it!

jim
!