Print Master Gold software

Anyone help on this one?
Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard drive is
the active one on which is XP = C drive.
He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded various
important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
9 answers Last reply
More about print master gold software

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:42:14 +0100, in comp.periphs.printers "Dave
    Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    >Anyone help on this one?
    >Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
    >His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard drive is
    >the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    >He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded various
    >important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
    >He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
    >addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.

    If he left the old boot drive as it was and simply changed it over to a
    slave, all the info is still there. Just put it temporarily back as the
    master, boot off it, run the program and retrieve the addresses.
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Dave Stockdale wrote:
    > Anyone help on this one?
    > Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
    > His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard
    > drive is the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    > He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
    > various important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D
    > drive.
    > He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the
    > various addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be
    > appreciated.
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

    Maybe I've missed something (though I have read your question several times)
    but I don't see what this has to do with printers.
    lose his marbles?

    "Ed Ruf" <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:42:14 +0100, in comp.periphs.printers "Dave
    > Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >Anyone help on this one?
    > >Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
    > >His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard drive
    is
    > >the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    > >He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
    various
    > >important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
    > >He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
    > >addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
    >
    > If he left the old boot drive as it was and simply changed it over to a
    > slave, all the info is still there. Just put it temporarily back as the
    > master, boot off it, run the program and retrieve the addresses.
    > http://EdwardGRuf.com
    -----------------
    TVM - However what you suggest may be a bit complex for friend ...no other
    way is there?

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:02:10 +0100, in comp.periphs.printers "Dave
    Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    >TVM - However what you suggest may be a bit complex for friend ...no other
    >way is there?

    Given the info you provided this is the quickest and simplest solution
    without knowing how Print Master stores it's information. In all of less
    then a few minutes all would be recovered. If one can install a new drive
    and then OS this should be trivial, so you seem to have left something out.

    If you know any info of each address you can try the Windows search utility
    to see what file it might be stored in. Hopefully, Print Master stores such
    in individual files. If that's the case you can try reinstalling and see if
    the found files are then associated with PM.

    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:42:14 +0100, "Dave Stockdale"
    <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    >Anyone help on this one?
    >Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
    >His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard drive is
    >the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    >He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded various
    >important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
    >He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
    >addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
    >Thanks,
    >Dave

    Why doesn't he just ask the software makers where they store the info?

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    In article <e3LVc.33053$Dz3.18278@fe48.usenetserver.com>,
    misstick@lancre.dw says...
    > Dave Stockdale wrote:
    > > Anyone help on this one?
    > > Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
    > > His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard
    > > drive is the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    > > He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
    > > various important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D
    > > drive.
    > > He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the
    > > various addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be
    > > appreciated.
    > > Thanks,
    > > Dave
    >

    > Maybe I've missed something (though I have read your question several times)
    > but I don't see what this has to do with printers.

    Perhaps nothing to do with printers - however, what's your point. Help
    is not allowed if not on topic?
    --
    Cheers!

    Jan

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:42:14 +0100, "Dave Stockdale"
    <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    | Anyone help on this one?
    | Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
    | His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard drive is
    | the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    | He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded various
    | important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
    | He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
    | addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.

    I'm not sure all versions use the same setup, but PrintMaster Gold on
    my computer is installed under C:\PMW. A subfolder to PMW called
    Books has a file called ADDRESS.ABK. A folder subbed to Books is
    called SENDER and there's a folder in that called SENDER.ABK. I've
    never used any of the address functions, so I'm not sure if anything
    else is involved.

    Larc

    "Larc" <larc-news@jupiterlink.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:42:14 +0100, "Dave Stockdale"
    > <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > | Anyone help on this one?
    > | Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
    > | His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard
    drive is
    > | the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    > | He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
    various
    > | important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
    > | He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
    > | addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
    >
    > I'm not sure all versions use the same setup, but PrintMaster Gold on
    > my computer is installed under C:\PMW. A subfolder to PMW called
    > Books has a file called ADDRESS.ABK. A folder subbed to Books is
    > called SENDER and there's a folder in that called SENDER.ABK. I've
    > never used any of the address functions, so I'm not sure if anything
    > else is involved.
    >
    > Larc
    -------------
    Ah, thanks - that's helpful - I'll pass that on.

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:42:14 +0100, "Dave Stockdale"
    <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
    <1093102892.701523@smtp-1.griffin.com> posted to
    comp.periphs.printers:

    >Anyone help on this one?
    >Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
    >His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard drive is
    >the active one on which is XP = C drive.
    >He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded various
    >important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
    >He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
    >addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
    >Thanks,
    >Dave

    If he has the original installation media for the program he could
    reinstall it to the new C: drive if that version will run under XP.

    Once the program is running it should have an option in the File |
    Open menu to allow browsing for existing files.

    He should then be able to locate the old address file(s) on the D:
    drive.

    Hope this helps.

    Ron

Printers Windows XP Hard Drives Software Peripherals