Print Master Gold software

Anyone help on this one?
Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard drive is
the active one on which is XP = C drive.
He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded various
important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:42:14 +0100, in comp.periphs.printers "Dave
Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Anyone help on this one?
>Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
>His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard drive is
>the active one on which is XP = C drive.
>He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded various
>important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
>He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
>addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.

If he left the old boot drive as it was and simply changed it over to a
slave, all the info is still there. Just put it temporarily back as the
master, boot off it, run the program and retrieve the addresses.
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Dave Stockdale wrote:
> Anyone help on this one?
> Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
> His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard
> drive is the active one on which is XP = C drive.
> He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
> various important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D
> drive.
> He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the
> various addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be
> appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Dave

Maybe I've missed something (though I have read your question several times)
but I don't see what this has to do with printers.
lose his marbles?

"Ed Ruf" <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:42:14 +0100, in comp.periphs.printers "Dave
> Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Anyone help on this one?
> >Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
> >His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard drive
is
> >the active one on which is XP = C drive.
> >He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
various
> >important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
> >He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
> >addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
>
> If he left the old boot drive as it was and simply changed it over to a
> slave, all the info is still there. Just put it temporarily back as the
> master, boot off it, run the program and retrieve the addresses.
> http://EdwardGRuf.com
-----------------
TVM - However what you suggest may be a bit complex for friend ...no other
way is there?

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:02:10 +0100, in comp.periphs.printers "Dave
Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>TVM - However what you suggest may be a bit complex for friend ...no other
>way is there?

Given the info you provided this is the quickest and simplest solution
without knowing how Print Master stores it's information. In all of less
then a few minutes all would be recovered. If one can install a new drive
and then OS this should be trivial, so you seem to have left something out.

If you know any info of each address you can try the Windows search utility
to see what file it might be stored in. Hopefully, Print Master stores such
in individual files. If that's the case you can try reinstalling and see if
the found files are then associated with PM.

http://EdwardGRuf.com

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:42:14 +0100, "Dave Stockdale"
<dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Anyone help on this one?
>Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
>His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard drive is
>the active one on which is XP = C drive.
>He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded various
>important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
>He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
>addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
>Thanks,
>Dave

Why doesn't he just ask the software makers where they store the info?

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Jan

In article <e3LVc.33053$Dz3.18278@fe48.usenetserver.com>,
misstick@lancre.dw says...
> Dave Stockdale wrote:
> > Anyone help on this one?
> > Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
> > His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard
> > drive is the active one on which is XP = C drive.
> > He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
> > various important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D
> > drive.
> > He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the
> > various addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be
> > appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > Dave
>

> Maybe I've missed something (though I have read your question several times)
> but I don't see what this has to do with printers.

Perhaps nothing to do with printers - however, what's your point. Help
is not allowed if not on topic?
--
Cheers!

Jan

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:42:14 +0100, "Dave Stockdale"
<dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

| Anyone help on this one?
| Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
| His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard drive is
| the active one on which is XP = C drive.
| He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded various
| important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
| He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
| addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.

I'm not sure all versions use the same setup, but PrintMaster Gold on
my computer is installed under C:\PMW. A subfolder to PMW called
Books has a file called ADDRESS.ABK. A folder subbed to Books is
called SENDER and there's a folder in that called SENDER.ABK. I've
never used any of the address functions, so I'm not sure if anything
else is involved.

Larc

"Larc" <larc-news@jupiterlink.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:42:14 +0100, "Dave Stockdale"
> <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
> | Anyone help on this one?
> | Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
> | His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard
drive is
> | the active one on which is XP = C drive.
> | He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded
various
> | important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
> | He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
> | addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
>
> I'm not sure all versions use the same setup, but PrintMaster Gold on
> my computer is installed under C:\PMW. A subfolder to PMW called
> Books has a file called ADDRESS.ABK. A folder subbed to Books is
> called SENDER and there's a folder in that called SENDER.ABK. I've
> never used any of the address functions, so I'm not sure if anything
> else is involved.
>
> Larc
-------------
Ah, thanks - that's helpful - I'll pass that on.

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:42:14 +0100, "Dave Stockdale"
<dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
<1093102892.701523@smtp-1.griffin.com> posted to
comp.periphs.printers:

>Anyone help on this one?
>Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded Windows to XP.
>His old hard drive is now the slave called D drive and the new hard drive is
>the active one on which is XP = C drive.
>He had a program called Print master Gold on which he had recorded various
>important addresses...this info is on the (now called) D drive.
>He doesn't now seem to be able to locate this information - the various
>addresses...any advice on how he can do this would be appreciated.
>Thanks,
>Dave

If he has the original installation media for the program he could
reinstall it to the new C: drive if that version will run under XP.

Once the program is running it should have an option in the File |
Open menu to allow browsing for existing files.

He should then be able to locate the old address file(s) on the D:
drive.

Hope this helps.

Ron