Antec customer support

Fitz

Called Antec today reference a problem with an Aria case w/300W power
supply. The call was answered by a rep without being placed on hold, no
pre-recorded messages to wade through. After explaining the problem, the rep
said it sounded like a bad power supply and offered to RMA or cross ship RMA
a new one. No receipt was asked for, no paperwork to fill out. I chose to
cross ship: they charge for the part, and ship immediately. Upon receiving
the defective part, they refund the cost. Each party pays one-way shipping.
Within 5 minutes of hanging up, I had an email from the rep for point of
contact, the order number, and an RMA number with shipping address and a
number to call if I wanted a tracking number.

I thought service like that might be worth knowing about when considering
what you wanted to buy. They'll get my business again.

Fitz

Outgoing mail scanned with AVG 7 and is virus free

"Fitz" <akfitz@mtaonline.net> wrote in

> Called Antec today reference a problem with an Aria case w/300W power
> supply. The call was answered by a rep without being placed on hold, no
> pre-recorded messages to wade through. After explaining the problem, the
> rep said it sounded like a bad power supply and offered to RMA or cross
> ship RMA a new one. No receipt was asked for, no paperwork to fill out.
> I chose to cross ship: they charge for the part, and ship immediately.
> Upon receiving the defective part, they refund the cost. Each party pays
> one-way shipping. Within 5 minutes of hanging up, I had an email from
> the rep for point of contact, the order number, and an RMA number with
> shipping address and a number to call if I wanted a tracking number.
>
> I thought service like that might be worth knowing about when
> considering what you wanted to buy. They'll get my business again.
>
> Fitz

I had a similar experience attempting to find additional guide rails for my
SX-1240 case. After unsuccessfully looking for them on the Antec web site
I sent an e-mail to their support address and got the guides sent to my
home within a few days. This is one of several reasons why I have used
Antec cases in the last 5 PC's I've built.

Mike

--
"All my friends can't be wrong!"
Remember, stupidity runs in herds.

"Dr.Maggot" <Maggot@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> "Fitz" <akfitz@mtaonline.net> wrote in
>
>> Called Antec today reference a problem with an Aria case w/300W power
>> supply. The call was answered by a rep without being placed on hold, no
>> pre-recorded messages to wade through. After explaining the problem, the
>> rep said it sounded like a bad power supply and offered to RMA or cross
>> ship RMA a new one. No receipt was asked for, no paperwork to fill out.
>> I chose to cross ship: they charge for the part, and ship immediately.
>> Upon receiving the defective part, they refund the cost. Each party pays
>> one-way shipping. Within 5 minutes of hanging up, I had an email from
>> the rep for point of contact, the order number, and an RMA number with
>> shipping address and a number to call if I wanted a tracking number.
>>
>> I thought service like that might be worth knowing about when
>> considering what you wanted to buy. They'll get my business again.
>>

> I had a similar experience attempting to find additional guide rails for
> my
> SX-1240 case. After unsuccessfully looking for them on the Antec web site
> I sent an e-mail to their support address and got the guides sent to my
> home within a few days. This is one of several reasons why I have used
> Antec cases in the last 5 PC's I've built.

Fitz, Mike,

I had exactly the opposite experience with Antec - no support at all.

I need some longer cables for an Antec DataChute which was purchased in
2002, but all I got from Antec support was:

"we do not have the material specification and part numbers of the Datachute
PCI for it has been discontinued"

So your experiences are contrary to my own.

--
C R Briggs

carobri@despammed.com

TRENDING THREADS