Pac-Man jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

The back of every Pac-Man manual I have says "When this jumper pad is
connected, the game becomes more difficult." So... how do you connect the
jumper pad? There is a hole on one pad but no matching hole on the other
side. The "pad" is covered by the green board stuff on the parts side and
the solder side doesn't have anything except that one hole.

Anyone done this or have a picture of one that has been done?

Terry

There are two little pads right next to each other up near the volume
control and the dip switches. If you pop a little piece of wire across them
that'll work. They're not obvious and they are very small.

Scott

www.agelessarcade.com

"Terry" <congdar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The back of every Pac-Man manual I have says "When this jumper pad is
> connected, the game becomes more difficult." So... how do you connect
the
> jumper pad? There is a hole on one pad but no matching hole on the other
> side. The "pad" is covered by the green board stuff on the parts side and
> the solder side doesn't have anything except that one hole.
>
> Anyone done this or have a picture of one that has been done?
>
> Terry

Scrape off the green solder mask - you can bridge it with solder.

Best Regards,

Bill
"thrushguy" <garons@comcast.net> wrote in message
> There are two little pads right next to each other up near the volume
> control and the dip switches. If you pop a little piece of wire across
them
> that'll work. They're not obvious and they are very small.
>
> Scott
>
> www.agelessarcade.com
>

> "Terry" <congdar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The back of every Pac-Man manual I have says "When this jumper pad is
> > connected, the game becomes more difficult." So... how do you connect
> the
> > jumper pad? There is a hole on one pad but no matching hole on the
other
> > side. The "pad" is covered by the green board stuff on the parts side
and
> > the solder side doesn't have anything except that one hole.
> >
> > Anyone done this or have a picture of one that has been done?
> >
> > Terry

"Terry" <congdar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The back of every Pac-Man manual I have says "When this jumper pad is
> connected, the game becomes more difficult." So... how do you connect
the
> jumper pad? There is a hole on one pad but no matching hole on the other
> side. The "pad" is covered by the green board stuff on the parts side and
> the solder side doesn't have anything except that one hole.

Scrape the green off.

---

terry

Nobody's done this?

"Terry" <congdar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The back of every Pac-Man manual I have says "When this jumper pad is
> connected, the game becomes more difficult." So... how do you connect
> the jumper pad? There is a hole on one pad but no matching hole on the
> other side. The "pad" is covered by the green board stuff on the parts
> side and the solder side doesn't have anything except that one hole.
>
> Anyone done this or have a picture of one that has been done?
>
> Terry

i purchased a single switch dip switch. next time i have a pac board
out i'm going to install one of these across the gap on mine.

terry

I also purchased a single dip switch, but was worried that I might need to
drill a matching hole in the other pad and that hole would be pretty close
along the edge of the pad. Also, the capacitor right next to it would be up
against the single dip switch.