Very dumb PCI express question

Ok, I'm not up on the new technology and I have a very stupid PCI express
question. Will a PCI Express slot accept a regular PCI card (backword's
compatability).

--
Use the reply to address and not the email address. Otherwise change the
..notvalid to .com

Robbie McFerren wrote:
> Will a PCI Express slot accept a regular PCI card (backword's
> compatability).

No.

--
-WD

Thank you
"Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Robbie McFerren wrote:
> > Will a PCI Express slot accept a regular PCI card (backword's
> > compatability).
>
> No.
>
> --
> -WD

However if you get a new board with PCIE, it will probably have some
standard PCI slots as well
"Robbie McFerren" <rmcferren@hotpop.notvalid> wrote in message
> Thank you
> "Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> Robbie McFerren wrote:
>> > Will a PCI Express slot accept a regular PCI card (backword's
>> > compatability).
>>
>> No.
>>
>> --
>> -WD

No. It's totally different technology and slot layout.

--
DaveW