Laserjet 1100 emits high-pitched tone while printing

My LaserJet 1100 recently started emitting this high-pitched tone every time
it prints a page...it's not a gear issue or anything...it sounds like it's
coming from my tower...I've been using this printer for a couple of years
and it never did this before. Any ideas???

Tymn

And you are sure it's not the tower? Take the machine to another room and do
a self test page (press and hold the button once it's ready until the LED
flashes then wait a sec till it prints) and see if the whine is there -
might be soemthing on the mainboard or power supply or a fan but I don't
remember a fan (been 4 months since I pulled an 1100 apart so my memory is
hazy). It still could be mechanical too - the motor is a stepper type motor
so it might be getting a dry bushing. This is one of those problems that
someone needs to look at in person as it can even be a plastic on plastic
squeak or plastic on steel squeak that is high pitched. The 2100 has a
definite problem with a squeak in the output rollers but the 1100's are
pretty much a durable and dependable machine other than the paper seapartion
pad issue.

I do flat rate repairs for smaller laser, impact, thermal and inkjet
printers - ou ship it and I charge a flat labor rate plus the needed parts
and the return shipping back. I've even done plotters that way but they
involve truck shipping due to the size and delicacy of handling needed. I'm
almost in the middle of the US near Ft Knox KY.