GAME PORT to USB CONVERSION

I need help. I need to convert a 15 ping male joystick to a usb end. Does
anyone know how to do this pinout without having to buy an adaptor. Thanks.

Josell

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:04:22 -0500, "Josell Paredes"
<josell@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I need help. I need to convert a 15 ping male joystick to a usb end. Does
>anyone know how to do this pinout without having to buy an adaptor. Thanks.

Unless the joystick specifically supports USB, that is, it's
rather new and not the standard older 15 pin type, then he
adapter is not optional, it is required. It is not just a
different pinout for the traditional analog 15 pin
joysticks, there is a bridge necessary to convert the
joystick's analog to serialized, clocked digital data.

Fortunately an adapter isn't very expensive if you need one,
for example:
http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/orders6.cgi?action=Showitem&partno=70609&rsite=f.70609

Jd

Josell Paredes wrote:
> I need help. I need to convert a 15 ping male joystick to a usb end. Does
> anyone know how to do this pinout without having to buy an adaptor. Thanks.
>

> Josell

buy a PCI USB card there not that expensive.

JD wrote:
> Josell Paredes wrote:
>
>> I need help. I need to convert a 15 ping male joystick to a usb end.
>> Does anyone know how to do this pinout without having to buy an
>> adaptor. Thanks.
>>

>> Josell
>>

> buy a PCI USB card there not that expensive.

His 15 pin joystick won't plug into a PCI USB card any better than the USB
port he's already got.