2C increase just by adding a sound card?

I added a sound card a few days ago and noticed my cpu temps [all
temps in fact] went up 2c exactly. Is this normal?

thanks,

******************************
http://www.dubya.gdshadow.net/
http://www.fpg.gdshadow.net/
******************************

dos

air flow restriction.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:06:21 -0500, "dnc_tn@yahoo.com"
<DNC_TN@> wrote:

>I added a sound card a few days ago and noticed my cpu temps [all
>temps in fact] went up 2c exactly. Is this normal?

No, not normal but not necessarily unusual either. If the
temps taken previously were at a near-idle state, then
simply having a driver with more CPU overhead or
background/taskbar types of apps associated with sound may
take the system out of idle state more often.

What would be unusual was if this were a comparison of full,
extended load temps. IE- if system was running 2C hotter @
100% CPU utilization (like running Prime95/etc) with sound
card vs. without. If that were the case then it would more
likely be a (further unusual) airflow problem.... or maybe
your ambient room temp is simply 2C higher than it used to
be?

Soundcards are EVIL, they are from HELL, thats why your case is
hotter.

Simple.